The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Vibration while driving in gears 2 - 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey folks. First time to post. I just passed the 4200 mile mark on my Boss and have noticed some forward vibration in the car when in gears 2 - 4 and between 3.5 and 5 rpm. When at the points mentioned above it feels like I have shifted up or down and begins to move forward at a faster pace and then backs off and repeats continously. If I shift up or down it won't return until I hit the 3.5 to 5 rpm mark. Gears 1, 5 and 6 exhibit no problem. Problem does not occur on all rides only about 1 in 4.

Anyone else experiencing a similiar issue?

Welcome to BMO, Sil. Nothing even close to that with mine. Some folks have been having issues in 2nd gear. You may want to read through some posts. BTW, have you entered you Boss registration info?

Thank you. I am going to continue to monitor and if it becomes a consistent repeatable problem I will take it to the dealer to address. Without being able to consistently reproduce the issue, i am not going to waste my time.

On a much happier note, Boss #0438 has been added to the registry.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel