The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Vid: 8250 redline boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DD GT3 RD said:
http://youtu.be/JkmdJ4H16TM

Says no tune by obviously it must be right?!

I took a look and the comment with the video says the car has a tune and Corsa mufflers. Don't know the guy but yeah, definetly have to do something to get that redline.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
It says tune in the description. AED is tuning a bunch of B302s w/ redlines in the 8300 range.

We have long speculated about the actual RWHP produced by that particular car, no dyno sheet has ever been produced to corroborate the claim of 459whp.

ArizonaGT said:
We have long speculated about the actual RWHP produced by that particular car, no dyno sheet has ever been produced to corroborate the claim of 459whp.
This, it's BS and this video has been posted before.

NFSBOSS said:
This, it's BS and this video has been posted before.

I have personally met Eric (the owner of the LS in the video). He is a stand up guy and his car is as advertised. He posts frequently on the Boss 302 Registry. Among other things he also owns a very nice gold '70 B2.

Here is a link to a post over there about his LS.

http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=58424.0

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I find this post very interesting. I do believe the engine will rev to 8,200 RPM's as I have seen or read about this. Our Boss 302 Owners Package came with a video and a book by Donald Farr. In one of the two, there is a comment from a Ford Engineer who states that the Boss 302 engine will make power to 8,200 RPM.

However with a Stock Boss 302, we all know the proper red line. I wonder how he removed altered the red line? Also, I wonder if he removed altered the speed limiter? Very interesting. - 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro said:
However with a Stock Boss 302, we all know the proper red line. I wonder how he removed altered the red line? Also, I wonder if he removed altered the speed limiter? Very interesting. - 302 Hi Pro
The car has an AED tune on it so that's how the rev limit was raised.

I have no doubt it makes more HP what's BS are the numbers he claims. All he has to do is post dyno charts and I'll believe it. Until then this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors