The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

vid: Spun @ WSIR

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
"when you spin, two feet in..."

I've heard from at least a couple of instructors...

Thanks for sharing, Sam...do you have any vids of your winning lap from the time attack? I'm sure I could learn a thing or two, just by watching.
 
Grant 302 said:
"when you spin, two feet in..."

I've heard from at least a couple of instructors...

Thanks for sharing, Sam...do you have any vids of your winning lap from the time attack? I'm sure I could learn a thing or two, just by watching.

I let off the gas and it caused me to swing. Thought if I tried to hold it I would of gone off to the left so...

I don't have the "winning" lap but here is my best of 1:32:8 at WSIR.
Paul brown ran a 1:31 on Hoosiers, I'm on R-s3 but with some mods

http://youtu.be/Mq_CSJMT280
 
I'm glad there was no damage. I'm getting ready to order my RS3's. Are you running the 35 or 40 series up front?
 
NFSBOSS said:
Do you have a preference and if so why?

I'm not sure if I can tell a difference. It could be from the tire or poor air pressure setting but I felt a little more under steer. Maybe from the taller tire's side wall giving easier? I think it's a minimal diffidence to really notice. Maybe other issues were causing that but I haven't changed anything so
 

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Thanks for the video. What pressures are you running hot?

I settled on 42.5 and 40.5 F/R hot at chuckwalla. And I'm happy with the wear so far. I'm looking for tire longevity over ultimate grip. I'm really liking the tires, but need to get more comfortable with them at the edge since I'm having trouble hearing them before they let go.
 
Grant 302 said:
Thanks for the video. What pressures are you running hot?

I settled on 42.5 and 40.5 F/R hot at chuckwalla. And I'm happy with the wear so far. I'm looking for tire longevity over ultimate grip. I'm really liking the tires, but need to get more comfortable with them at the edge since I'm having trouble hearing them before they let go.

I'm usually somewhere between 36-40 hot. Some say the rs3 likes closer to 40. Some tell me hot should be 36. Playing around with it to see what I like. I find that they have tons of feedback, maybe not audible but by feel. You can really feel when they are at their limit. They allow a Lot of slip angle.
 

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
DD GT3 RD said:
I'm usually somewhere between 36-40 hot. Some say the rs3 likes closer to 40. Some tell me hot should be 36. Playing around with it to see what I like. I find that they have tons of feedback, maybe not audible but by feel. You can really feel when they are at their limit. They allow a Lot of slip angle.

Thanks for that. Just not used to feeling it before hearing it. Might run some AutoX with them just to figure it out better at low speeds.
 

Sesshomurai

Are you using a bigger/tighter front sway bar? Also, squared or staggered? Last, damper settings front/rear?
I'm also running the numbingly good RS3 and looking for tuning tips. It grips so good it can create oversteer conditions if not adjusted for. Thought maybe that's what happened.
 
Crap like that is why I am thinking I should have just bought a beat up miata... Glad you came out without a scratch! Did you let off the throttle too quickly while inputting some steering and braking? I guess I never got fast enough to experience this kind of spin. I only over steer from putting down too much while turning.
 
DGRacing said:
Are you using a bigger/tighter front sway bar? Also, squared or staggered? Last, damper settings front/rear?
I'm also running the numbingly good RS3 and looking for tuning tips. It grips so good it can create oversteer conditions if not adjusted for. Thought maybe that's what happened.

Hotchkis sway. Front on stiffest. Rear medium. Shocks on 5 all around. 285/265 tires.
 

Sesshomurai

I have same sway setup except eibachs and rear dampers on 3 with slightly lowered tire pressure. Fixed a similar looseness in the rear with too much stiffness.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top