The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Video: 22PLE and Opti-Glass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick video of the car with the coatings on it and the hydrophobic properties. The water is spraying pretty hard so it's gonna leave little beads. If I sheet it slower it's much better but you get the idea.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO2pvMQks7I[/youtube]

It's gonna need some ONR. You got a nice spiderweb on the front driver side wheel haha. I'm about to f***ing wash it tomorrow.

zzyzx

Steve
So what's the verdict, RainX or Opti-Glass?

1. Ease of application.
2. Longevity.
3. Water repelling ability.

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Opti-Glass without a doubt. Rainx blows so bad. My windows are still beading like day one as they should. It's very easy to put on also, wipe on, wait 2 minutes, wipe off. Done.

I did all the glass on the Boss, the windshield on my Explorer and Justin's windshield and have like half a bottle left.

You guys drive your Bosses in the rain? ::)

zzyzx

Steve
ForceofWill said:
Opti-Glass without a doubt.

Ok, so the next question... where do you recommend buying Opti-Glass? Assuming it performs and applies as you say it does, I'm certainly interested. The only reason I don't do RainX more often is because it's a pain in the ass.

Thanks!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
zzyzx said:
Ok, so the next question... where do you recommend buying Opti-Glass? Assuming it performs and applies as you say it does, I'm certainly interested. The only reason I don't do RainX more often is because it's a pain in the ass.

Thanks!
http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-glass-coating.html
freeship gets you free shipping

TMO Supporting Vendors