The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Video: BOSS vs. 427R Track Pak at Firebird West

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaGT said:
What did you think of the Nittos?

They did much better than I thought they would. Until now I had only driven it on 2 used sets of Conti Extreme DRs. The first set was good but I don't think the second set was very good.

I was about a second faster today than my previous best time in this direction. I think I'll have a better idea how they do when I run the normal direction.

So far I like them

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Very good!

I am doing the opposite of you, going from NT01s to cheap take-off Conti DRs (only because of price). We shall see how they hold up :)
I am only running them in HPDEs so they should be fine for my purposes.

BTW--you can shave the NT01 if you are interested in an "R6" like contact patch; some guys swear by it, but I don't think it really buys you anything.

smittytx said:
Here's my latest video. Beatiful day at the track but hardly anyone there???

This is my first set of new tires. Nitto NT01s

I don't know why the audio is so crappy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI3QEhbs_h4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Awesome video. Watched the whole thing.

One suggestion though- I like your other video HUD overlay better.

Berol said:
smittytx said:
Awesome video. Watched the whole thing.

One suggestion though- I like your other video HUD overlay better.

Thanks, I like the other one better too.

It seems a little ridiculous, but the first HUD is a GoPro synced to my AIM data using TrackVision. It’s a great program but requires a little more work to sync and use the HUD. The second one is a Smarty Cam which is made by AIM and requires no syncing. The TrackVision HUD looks almost exactly like my AIM dash. The AIM Smarty Cam looks nothing like my AIM and doesn't give as uch info. WTF!?

That was my first try with the Smarty Cam, hopefuly I can get more info out of it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel