The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Video: BOSS vs. 427R Track Pak at Firebird West

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Here is a video of me being chased by (then chasing) my buddy in his competition car. This guy won our competition class last year when I was running a similar 427R Track Pack, I was always about two seconds behind him. I'm pleased that I can keep up with him (at least for a little while) now.

I will have a couple more videos later this week as well, including chasing JBG, and the fastest lap from the weekend with data.

[youtube]AFRFVyDIxDo?hd=1[/youtube]

[youtube]TJ0domBLzbU[/youtube]

Looks fun out there with another Boss. There are two other 302S cars in my area. They are better drivers than me, but I can't wait to get out on track with them.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
smittytx said:
Looks fun out there with another Boss. There are two other 302S cars in my area. They are better drivers than me, but I can't wait to get out on track with them.

These are good problems to have :)

ArizonaGT said:
OK, last video, I swear!
[youtube]TIBfLnMwkUY?hd=1[/youtube]

Why, we're on a car forum. We like stuff like this.

Here is another from me

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIfka7DrXfo[/youtube]

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
87mph in 2nd gear, 7900RPM limiter...that car is nuts!

Did you buy it as a track day toy or are you planning to get into regional or national competition with it?

ArizonaGT said:
Oh yeah!

Are any of the car magazines going to test the 302R or 302S? That would be cool.

ArizonaGT said:

Did you buy it as a track day toy or are you planning to get into regional or national competition with it?

I have my first NASA event next month in Houston. It will be HPDE until I can get my Comp License, and then I plan on running ST2.

This is all assuming the car doesn't put me in the poor house first.

Dark Horse said:
smittytx said:
Here is another from me

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIfka7DrXfo[/youtube]

What are you using for your heads up display on the video?

Its a program called TrackVision. It works with most data loggers and you can choose different style dash configs. Its a little pricey.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
smittytx said:
I have my first NASA event next month in Houston. It will be HPDE until I can get my Comp License, and then I plan on running ST2.

Yeah, the best way to make a small fortune in Racing is to start with a large one :)

Let me know what the car weighs in at. ST2 is 8.70 power to weight, you should be able to get a couple bonuses from running a DOT tire (like the NT01) and having a (relatively) heavy car compared to the 3200 lb "base weight".

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
2012YellowBoss said:
Great vids, I have run twice in the same class with other Boss 302's but were on opposite ends of the track. It would be nice to do some lead following like you guys have done

You talk to those guys in the paddock at all? Try to grid up close to each other, and hopefully you can all keep a similar (fast) pace!

ArizonaGT said:
OK, last video, I swear! This one is chasing JBG around the track for a while...
JBG sporting the new Enkeis! What a blast guys! Love watching you navigate (as Drew would say) those rolling chicanes

You catch a rock in the windshield Drew?

ArizonaGT said:
smittytx said:

Yeah, the best way to make a small fortune in Racing is to start with a large one :)

Let me know what the car weighs in at. ST2 is 8.70 power to weight, you should be able to get a couple bonuses from running a DOT tire (like the NT01) and having a (relatively) heavy car compared to the 3200 lb "base weight".

Right now it's 3318. A new drive shaft should put me under 3300. I think there are a few other little things I can do to shave some weight, including the driver. I'll be running the NT01s.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
My BOSS is scheduled to go into a competent local race shop in September 2013 for a rollcage and fire system, assuming all goes according to plan between now and then :)

Then it's ST2 time!

Here's my latest video. Beatiful day at the track but hardly anyone there???

This is my first set of new tires. Nitto NT01s

I don't know why the audio is so crappy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI3QEhbs_h4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors