The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Video Button Willow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice driving, you were putting too much pressure on those other cars. ;D One of these days I'll have to make it down there. Are you going to join us at Laguna Seca?

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=8712.0

Can't make it, not a fan of the 90 db days. Will be a Sears point in June with a buddy of mine for two days though.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
TriBar:

Nice run and thanks for posting! You really did run down the completion! Gosh 2 of them saw you coming, apparently tried to pick up their pace and lost it! Nice to see a Boss 302 rule the track!

Good luck at Sears Point in June.

302 Hi Pro
Dave

Next group? I wish, there are only 2 advanced groups running in Speed Ventures. The other one has mostly track built cars in it. My little pony is still a (street) car.

TymeSlayer said:
Very nice driving. You shift a lot more than I do but of course you drive better too! What tires are you running?

Thanks for that. I was running the GS Conti tires for the first 3 sessions. then switched to the Toyo Proxy RR at the end of the day. As far as the shifting, I do shift a lot and I don't really like to. Will be switching over to a 3:31 rear gear over the 3:73's. It makes 1-4 more like a 4 speed. Then I can stay in 4th much longer and just use the torque of the motor.

Very impressive, how do you like the MM springs and also impressive what you can do with HP+ pads, why HP+ though instead of a more aggressive pad? Also, whats all the clanking?

Brandon302 said:
Very impressive, how do you like the MM springs and also impressive what you can do with HP+ pads, why HP+ though instead of a more aggressive pad? Also, whats all the clanking?

Thank you. Love the MM springs, they are a very good match for the Koni yellows. They control the movement of the car very well and improved mid corner and exit speeds over the Roush/KW set up I had been running. I get a tad of brake dive at 120 mph but nothing like stock. Going into turn one is the only time you see the front end drop. The HP+'s are on the car to try for the first time, I friend said to try them, so I did. I have run Stoptech, EBC's yellow and Blue Stuff pads and others. I thought I would give the Hawks a try. I was impressed, when I first stepped on the peddle, I got a nice hard bite cold that didn't fade over time. The trick to them is brake late, brake hard then get off of them. Get your braking done quick then roll back into the power, don't stay on them or they will fade as will any pad. I didn't really need a more aggressive pad, I have run them. The clanking is the camera hard mounted to the roll bar, it picks up every little sound the car make..EVEN the stuff you don't hear.. like the True trac diff I have in the rear. and the Ford racing control arms and all the poly bushings..When driving it on the street, I don't hear a darn thing..only on the camera.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel