The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Video from Firebird Main + Bondurant "Mondo" Track Event

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
[youtube]Kk3j3zBljyk&hd=1[/youtube]

I will post up another video later this week of the BOSS stomping a few vettes and various other cars.
I was about 1.3 seconds off the pace I was shooting for, however I was able to pass pretty much every car in my group, save for a gutted/caged/race-spec 1st Gen Viper.

Temperature was 105* ambient and the car didn't have a single overheating issue or warning. I am running the bar-type grille and stock coolant w/ 3 bottles of water wetter.

I did have a few issues with other cars braking in spots you shouldn't be braking in and nearly causing me to rearend them, had a GT3 on R888s battle it out with me then blow his radiator right in front of me after I pointed him by, and also found a screw in one of my race tires...all that and more later this week!

Yea he took a "different" line LOL. Love seeing the bowties get beat down, even if it's a bunch of C5s and verts ;D

Was this a DE event with open passing or TT?

You guys in AZ sure like to go offroad a lot! ;)

GA
5 DOT 0 said:
You guys in AZ sure like to go offroad a lot! ;)

In NASA-SE they call it an agricultural excursion because of the greenery. What do they call it out there? A desert safari? ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
Yea he took a "different" line LOL. Love seeing the bowties get beat down, even if it's a bunch of C5s and verts ;D

Was this a DE event with open passing or TT?

DE w/ open passing, although if you don't know who you're running with, there are only a couple of "safe" spots to pull a pass off.

Out here they call an off track excursion "sandblasting" :)

Dean#4AI said:
cloud9 said:
At MPH it's mowing the alfalfa, especially with the LS splitter ;D

Yeah, I'm so glad that he mowed it before we got there. I would still be picking alfalfa out of the car after my little spin during the autocross. :-[
How did I miss that! ??? I'll bet it was first thing in the morning on that cold track, about the time I plowed the cone sliding through my first braking zone of the autocross ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors