The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Video from the 13 Hour at VIR(in-car)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In-car cam from the 13 Hour at VIR. Greg Driving the ElginRacing Boss 302R. Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CwvmG7toS_I

Greg, great video and nice driving. Your Boss sounds strong, is it stock and if not what is done to it and what's the rev limit set at?

The engine is a sealed Grand Am Boss R1 motor freshly rebuilt by Roush and tuned by Roush Yates Performance. What you are hearing is the Kooks custom exhaust and header. I think we spin it up to 8000 but we have headroom to go higher. You can see in the video that most of the time I wasn't getting near 8, as it wasn't time to "push", yet. This car has the greatest transmission I have ever used. It is the 302R's standard Tremec R1 freshly rebuilt by Roush Fenway. Really a great car that is fun to drive... and work on occasionally.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Nice. Very nice. I think you lapped me five hundred tymes... and despite the fact I was sitting in my office chair, everytyme I blinked you went around me again. Great video, thanks for sharing.

TMO Supporting Vendors