The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Video of laps at VIR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I somehow looked over the fact that I didn't mention that Dean#4AI is the one who put this video together and posted it on youtube. I just started the thread with the video...... Thanks Dean

Thanks Ron. Dean was a great instructor and put me on the line right away. It was my first time there and I had a blast. I did a best of 2:15.xxx that weekend. I went there later with Chin and did a 2:14.xx on lesser tires. I love that track! There is a Mustang/Ford event there at the end of May. You should come down and run. In fact I recommend it to anyone that can make it. Great people, awesome cars, a fun time.

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
I am. I'm going to need to allow myself enough time to justify all these parts I've bought since the last time I was on the track! :D

GA
Dean#4AI said:
PJWANNABE said:
Dig-It said:
I'm signed up for Superfest at VIR during the end of May. Who else is going?

What are the dates and where do you register?

It's the Friday through Sunday on Memorial Day weekend. Three days of full course VIR. It doesn't get any better than that.
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18596

Thanks! It looks great and I would love to go. It is the weekend before the CRMC weekend at Carolina Motorsports Park, so I'll have to see.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I am signed up for the SVTOA event on Memorial Day, works out better than the May 31 at Lime Rock for my wife. We are going to stay at the Lodges at VIR and Im treating her to a Spa day. I really can't repay her for allowing, helping and participating in this madness we call a hobby. Right now she is online renting Fanvision device for Daytona on Sunday and also made room in the back of our Explorer for the "spare" bumper cover that I picked up yesterday at Gary Yeomans Ford for $165 :eek:. Pics of this and more of our Florida adventure to follow.

Hope we can all get together at LRP, VIR and The Glen this season it will be cool to meet each other, check out the mods and see what we all can do on track.
Steve

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I'll be at all 3 at some point:

LRP: 3/31, 4/9, 5/18 - 5/19, 9/15, many more probably..
VIR: 4/16 & 4/17, 11/10 & 11/11
WG: 7/16-7/17, 8/20 - 8/21

Dean#4AI said:
Just found out the Mark Wilson will be at the VIR Memorial Day weekend with a few Ford goodies. ;D

So any others going to make it? Gary, Scott?

I will be at Trackguys Sebring that weekend. Smitty was torn about going there or Sebring with the S.

Dean#4AI said:
Just found out the Mark Wilson will be at the VIR Memorial Day weekend with a few Ford goodies. ;D

So any others going to make it? Gary, Scott?
Oh man not you too. Mark asked me if I was going and trust me I'd LOVE to, but it's a 22 hour pull each way. Pete, Adam now you, T.Roy and Mark arrgghh, I need to retire so I can take a week to drive across country for a couple track days. Sounds like a blast guys. My youngest graduates high school the weekend before so I think next year it's time for this empty nester to start travelling further for track days. Sheesh I thought 5 hours to BIR or MPH was bad enough :D

Maybe we all need a round up at a centrally located track sometime????? Although, VIR is probably worth the drive. Just hit Road Atlanta and Barber on the way home and it will be worth it!!!

boss1 said:
Maybe we all need a round up at a centrally located track sometime????? Although, VIR is probably worth the drive. Just hit Road Atlanta and Barber on the way home and it will be worth it!!!
;D that's a great idea. I'll work on that. How about September 23-25??

Yea when I do make it out that way it'll have to be multiple stops. I'm just not sure I'll have room for enough tires. ;)

GA
cloud9 said:
boss1 said:

Yea when I do make it out that way it'll have to be multiple stops. I'm just not sure I'll have room for enough tires. ;)

Maybe there is still time for you to get in on One Lap of America:
http://www.onelapofamerica.com/

I woud love to do this sometime! They were at CMP the Monday after my NASA weekend last year.

cloud9 said:
boss1 said:

Im open..... You can get tires drop shipped ( : Or Sasco will sell and mount some slicks for you right at the track!

TMO Supporting Vendors