The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Video of laps at VIR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am in the silver car and my instructor is in the black car. It was my first time there and definitely not the last. The elevation change is a lot more than what is displayed in the video. Awesome track and a great time. Thanks for everything Dean!

Anyone know how to embed videos on this site?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ltXZGuC0f8

By the way Dean#4AI put this video together......I just happen to be in it :eek:

Dean#4AI said:
Everytime I watch that video and see you almost loose it at the top of the esses, I get cold chills down my spine. :eek:

Are you referring to 7:16??? Don't be mistaken! That was not me almost loosing it.... That was me working on my drifting skills at speeds well north of 100.... ::)

The only reason I saved it is because of the amazing instruction from the legendary driver I had that weekend.... ;D

GA
adam81 said:
Dean#4AI said:
Everytime I watch that video and see you almost loose it at the top of the esses, I get cold chills down my spine. :eek:

Are you referring to 7:16??? Don't be mistaken! That was not me almost loosing it.... That was me working on my drifting skills at speeds well north of 100.... ::)

The only reason I saved it is because of the amazing instruction from the legendary driver I had that weekend.... ;D

Mike Skeen?

GA
VIR is so on my list. HOD was there on Monday and Tuesday- I was dying to go. Mid-Ohio, Road America, and Summit Point are up there on my list too. Some day I am going to do the Leguna Seca/Infineon/Thunder Hill tour. ;D

cloud9 said:
That looks so awesome I am going to have to get there next year.

PJWANNABE said:
VIR is so on my list. HOD was there on Monday and Tuesday- I was dying to go.

Schedule still isn't finalized but looks like I will be there for 3 days on June 8th-10th. Spending 3 days at this track is worth the trip.

We could have a early Boss gathering at VIR and a late one in MPH. 8)

You love the GoPro now don't you.................???? You're welcome. It gets really cool when you start mounting it to the outside of the car in all sorts of different places and angles.

Dean#4AI said:
Here's a video of me trying to keep up with a 302S and a Ford GT. Can't say that I succeded very well.
Looked pretty good to me. Man that looks like a fast track. Which brake pads are you running?

5 DOT 0 said:
Dean#4AI said:
Here's a video of me trying to keep up with a 302S and a Ford GT. Can't say that I succeded very well.
Looked pretty good to me. Man that looks like a fast track. Which brake pads are you running?

Stock rotors with Hawk DTC70 in the front and DTC60 in the rear. May be trying the Performance Frictions '01s. I love the Hawks but the front pads didn't even last 2 events so it's worth a try.

Dean#4AI said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Dean#4AI said:

Stock rotors with Hawk DTC70 in the front and DTC60 in the rear. May be trying the Performance Frictions '01s. I love the Hawks but the front pads didn't even last 2 events so it's worth a try.

Same thing with mine..... They wore down VERY fast. They were brand new when we ran at VIR together. So I had those two days plus I ran them yesterday again at VIR.....3 days total. They are VERY low. I may have half a day left on the them (depending on the track). Try the Performance Friction and I will try something else. We will cut research/testing and money in half...

Nice video. The climbing esses are probably my favorite section. I'll be instructing there at Audi Club event on 11/12 - 11/13. Been there several times with my Porsche but looking forward to seeing how the Boss does. Hopefully, I'll have my TracKey!

As for brake pads I know cloud9 is a big fan of Hawk DTC70/60 combo. I ran Hawk HTC14 front and HTC10 rear and the fronts lasted 5 track days. Stopping power was fine and they never went soft on me. The rears are only half consumed in the same 5 days. I'll probably get another set of HTC14s to use with my remaining HTC10 rear pads. I have a DTC70/60 F/R set I'll be running at VIR so I'll see how they compare to the HTC14/10 pads.

Anyone tried EBC pads? "Blue stuff" is their current "race" pad and "Yellow stuff" is their street/track pad. However, they are supposed to have a new "Orange stuff" pad that is more race oriented than the blue. I've seen mixed reviews on the EBC products.

I'm planning to give PFC a try and see how they compare to the Hawks. My Boss definitely eats front pads faster then my Porsche. I guess that's understandable since the Porsche only weighs 2680 lbs. I run Hawk HT10s front and rear on the Porsche for HPDE use.

Dean#4AI said:
cloud9 said:
That looks so awesome I am going to have to get there next year.

PJWANNABE said:
VIR is so on my list. HOD was there on Monday and Tuesday- I was dying to go.

Schedule still isn't finalized but looks like I will be there for 3 days on June 8th-10th. Spending 3 days at this track is worth the trip.

We could have a early Boss gathering at VIR and a late one in MPH. 8)

Now that I live in Tennessee, VIR is on my, must drive, short list. What group are you running with in June? HOD?

TMO Supporting Vendors