The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Video of me at Lime Rock Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MA
I was at Lime Rock Park on 7-16-12 for the SCDA HPDE event.

After having run my first and only HPDE on 5-31-12 at this same track, my instructor recommended me for Intermediate 1. This to me, was a high honor! Afterall, I still have a lot to learn, but it was cool being able to drive on track with more experienced drivers who are faster than the green group! By the 3rd session, I was solo, which was a great feeling.

Only mods I have done are Pagid RS19 pads up front and Motul RBF 600 brake fluid( there are some other mods on the car at this time, but during this video that is all). Stock tires with 4k miles on them.

I made aquaitenance with the driver of the camera car in this video, we had a blast racing all day long! His car had just about every imaginable mod you can through on a Mustang to prepare it for road course duty. It was fun being competitive with him on summer tires in a stock car! He had R compound rubber on 18" wheels, full suspension, and Wilwood brakes. I had one huge advantange though: 302 cubes of Roadrunner HP.

Anyway, with no further delay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Inb8TZgxis

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Inb8TZgxis[/youtube]

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Would have loved to see the video from *your* car! :)

The only pointer I have is that you might have been able to learn more if you were following the GT. Hard to tell with all the traffic!

MA
Haha! Yeah, I agree!

My brand new GoPro recorded NOTHiNG! Must be user error.

I've been fighting with it since I got it.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Need to get acquainted with Pete in CT, as it appears he practically lives at Lime Rock Park. He has done plenty to his car, but track experience is likely the best teacher and he knows the track like the back of his hand.

GA
Nice. Lime Rock is on my list. I have driven Lime Rock a hundred times on iRacing and watching your video just confirms the high level of realism.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Bill Pemberton said:
Need to get acquainted with Pete in CT, as it appears he practically lives at Lime Rock Park. He has done plenty to his car, but track experience is likely the best teacher and he knows the track like the back of his hand.

Now you're impactng your own high level of credability... ::)

(I will be at Lime Rock again the Tuesday with SCDA. Anybody else attending ?)

MA
I won't be there this Tuesday Pete. Glad you are going though.

Those Pagid RS19's worked great at the track. Thanks for the suggestion. I was getting a lot of vibration in the brake pedal after a few hot laps though. Seems fine on the street- I put the stock pads back in.

Next I want to get a nice set of rotors up front and the same wheel/tire package that you are running, Pete.

I may try and go to the NJMP event in Sept.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
SVT1 said:

Those Pagid RS19's worked great at the track. Thanks for the suggestion. I was getting a lot of vibration in the brake pedal after a few hot laps though. Seems fine on the street- I put the stock pads back in.

Next I want to get a nice set of rotors up front and the same wheel/tire package that you are running, Pete.

You have some residue on the rotors. Pagids like a good bedding..It will burn off. Glad you liked them!

MA
PeteInCT said:
SVT1 said:

You have some residue on the rotors. Pagids like a good bedding..It will burn off. Glad you liked them!

Is there anything I should do about that? Maybe they didn't bed in properly..

SVT1 said:
I was at Lime Rock Park on 7-16-12 for the SCDA HPDE event.

After having run my first and only HPDE on 5-31-12 at this same track, my instructor recommended me for Intermediate 1. This to me, was a high honor! Afterall, I still have a lot to learn, but it was cool being able to drive on track with more experienced drivers who are faster than the green group! By the 3rd session, I was solo, which was a great feeling.

Only mods I have done are Pagid RS19 pads up front and Motul RBF 600 brake fluid( there are some other mods on the car at this time, but during this video that is all). Stock tires with 4k miles on them.

I made aquaitenance with the driver of the camera car in this video, we had a blast racing all day long! His car had just about every imaginable mod you can through on a Mustang to prepare it for road course duty. It was fun being competitive with him on summer tires in a stock car! He had R compound rubber on 18" wheels, full suspension, and Wilwood brakes. I had one huge advantange though: 302 cubes of Roadrunner HP.

Anyway, with no further delay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Inb8TZgxis

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Inb8TZgxis[/youtube]

That's my friend, phil's car. Looks like you two had fun passing everyone else ;)
Wish I could have joined the fun. Maybe next time

MA
Yup, it's Phil's car.

Cool guy, we talked after for a while in the pits. He's a good driver too!

How is/was the wedding?

TMO Supporting Vendors