The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Video--- The Ridge Motorsport Park!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomerstoys

Keep the shiny side up & the rubber side down!
The Ridge is a new track up here in the Pacific NW and this is my second time on this track and only my 3rd time all year. The Boss is stock: wheels, tires, brakes, pads, and suspension. All Ford track recomendations made, traction control fully on, shocks set at 4/4 front & rear. Run Group is "B".

This car is really impressive, preaching to the choir ;) and I still have not learned all it is able to do in the right hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YS1lrOvsvk

I have a "lock out" in 4th & 5th above 7,000 RPM and Ford is taking a look to see what they can do. They already replaced the entire clutch package and next would be the tranny. Ford is standing behind this car. It is a great car.

Still having an internal debate on wheel/tire setup for the future. Need to learn the car "stock" and then make a decision. Heading to Laguna Seca in Sept., running with GGR PCA on 14th, 15th & 16th. CAN'T WAIT!

Enjoy!

That looks like a fun track. I'd at least get some Dot 4 in there and try the Sport mode on the TC.

Are you having lock out from 2-3? I'm having it from 2-3 and 3-4. The tracks I've run on don't require 5th but I suspect I'll have issues there too. Are you a former Porsche owner?

Boomerstoys

5 DOT 0, yes Motul RBF 600 was put in as recommended by Ford. I have a philosophy about TC. Get to know how to drive the car without have the nanny raise it's ugly head, then shut if off. Next time I'll try the sport setting.

Lock out is 4th to 5th, 5th to 4th and occasionally 3rd to 4th. Only occurs above 7,000 RPM. I can bounce off the rev limiter (deliberate) in 1 to 2, 2 to 3 and no issue. Can also go 4th to 3rd, no issue. Really stange. They think it may be the shift fork or the sycro hub. Don't know.

Yes, current P-car pilot. Have a 01 996 tt that's more of my garage queen than track toy. Have to keep that baby nice, the wife loves going for rides in the Porsche so she's keep pretty even though she's had some tweaks on the tuning.

The Boss is really an surprisingly great car. The more seat time I get the more I appreciate what Ford has done with this car. ;D

Cheers!

GA
Nice track. It reminds me a lot of the new Atlanta Motorsports Park that opened here this year.

https://vimeo.com/42479762

Caution: Contains fuzzy talking through the helmet. :D

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
It appears from the video to be longer than the standard 2.2 to 2.5 mile tracks around the Country. Is it close to 3 miles long or is that just the perception with all the turns??

Boomerstoys

Bill, don't hold me to this but I think it's a 2.25 mile track. Think your right, appears longer.

Did find a track map on their site but it doesn't show the length. Also, elevation change.

http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/TheRidge-TrackMap-with-Names.pdf

If you are ever in the area, it's a must along with Oregon Raceway Park. Both tracks have opened in the last 3 to 4 years. We are lucky!!!

Cheers!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Long drive out there and it is great to see areas in the Country that only had a few tracks in the past , opening up to all the sick track rats in the US. I have one track about 45 minutes from my house ( Mid America Motorplex ), another about 2hrs and 45 minutes away ( my favorite, Motorsports Park Hastings, www.racemph ), and another close to 3 hrs and a half ( Heartland Park , Topeka). After that it is about a 7 hour drive in different directions, but great for you guys as the Pacific Northwest has not had alot of tracks other than the ones in N. California and then Portland. Heard the track out near Spokane closed down, and the best track out West is Miller Motorsports Park ( IMHO ) , and that is a bit of a drive.

Be fun to see a video later when you are really rocking , and after the Porsches I would say turn off the traction control, and advance track and just run naked. I am a Porsche DE Instructor and if you have been running Porsches, you will find the Boss pretty neutral with just enough push to keep you out of trouble.

Great looking track and it seems that the magic figure around 2.25 is one that many feel is just right --- Mid Ohio is that length and it is one of the best tracks in the US.

Thanks alot for the video.

Boomerstoys

Bill, my most recent track toy was a 07 MCS (with a little work) and prior to this a C 5 Vette (gone) and a 996 tt (my garage queen occasional track toy). Still getting used to the Boss but so far it's just remarkable, great bang for the buck.

Spokane was closed for a time until the city took it over and reopened it last year (?) with a new configuration. It pretty nice but not as interesting as others. My closest and home track is Pacific Raceways. It is a blast, very technical but IN DIRE NEED OF REPAIR and updating. It's scary at times but the track is just a blast to drive. Don't want to go jeeping there, will be VERY EXPENSIVE!

ORP is great. It's about 4 hours from Seattle. Only down side is medical. If something would happen, don't know where they air lift you to. Portland is OK, just flat. Thunderhill, Willows, CA is GREAT. Love that track. Only on it once last year but what a blast. Laguna Seca is fantastic. Drove it for the first time last year. In my mind, it's the history of the track and watching cars & bikes on TV that give this track so much.

Cheers!

Boomerstoys said:
Thunderhill, Willows, CA is GREAT. Love that track. Only on it once last year but what a blast. Laguna Seca is fantastic. Drove it for the first time last year. In my mind, it's the history of the track and watching cars & bikes on TV that give this track so much.

Cheers!
I've driven TH, LS, and Sonoma so far this year. They are all fantastic! This track day looks to be interesting and only 15 cars on track at a time. You should join us. Click on the registration list to see the cars that will be there.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/4924E405-E37C-39BF-D8796DB566114B0D

Boomerstoys

5 DOT 0, thanks for the link. That looks like a sweet event but driving 11 hours for a one day event isn't going to happen.

Last year, I think the BMW Club put on a 2 day event in Oct. @ Thunderhill. If they have a similar deal this year I may make that.

Have you signed up for Laguna?

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/36BF4E39-B278-EF83-8DE73027BDC9BA97

There is a group of us from PNW that are making the trip this year. Can't wait. Hope you signed up, it will give me an opportunity to meet someone from the Forum and have another Boss owner to BS with.

Cheers!

Boomerstoys

5 DOT 0, put the Cherries event on your schedule for next year. It's a 3 day event for $600.00. Great group of people and no egos on track. Really made a couple of friends at the event last year and one guy, Brian Lee, saved my a** when I had a mechanical. He drove me to & from Stevens Creek Mini to pick up coil packs & plugs. JUST MEET THE GUY------------ONLY THING WE HAD IN COMMON WAS WE BOTH DROVE MINI'S. He would not even let me buy him a beer for his trouble. He's a REAL HUMAN BEING AND ONE HELL OF AN INSTRUCTOR. If you know him, you are lucky, if you don't, try to meet him at one of the events.

He was my instructor at Thunderhill later that year and we've kept in touch via email & phone.

Wrote an article about this extraordinary act of kindness and it was published in our local Porsche rag (Spiel), and a Mini rag, MC 2.

Would really like to meet some other Boss Track Rats.

Cheers!

TMO Supporting Vendors