The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

(Videos included) Took the GT350R to Sebring and.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Tampa, FL
Holy crap what a phenomenal beast this car is. From the sounds to the feel it is one hell of and experience!!! Even got a little emotional on my first session, it had been 2 years since i had been on track and man did i miss it.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West palm beach
Holy crap what a phenomenal beast this car is. From the sounds to the feel it is one hell of and experience!!! Even got a little emotional on my first session, it had been 2 years since i had been on track and man did i miss it.

looks like fun. I’ll be there in 2 weeks. Can’t wait!!

A few years ago, somebody got the bright idea to tar in all the cracks on the runway portion of the track, well it got hot, and that crap came out of the seams and every car in the IMSA paddock, in every class, was speckled with dry tar balls, that stuff was every place, and it took forever to get off the cars, inner fenders, under trays, what a disaster.
The old joke used to be
"Go to Daytona and blow then engine, then go to Sebring and destroy the rest of the car"
As mentioned before, I raced karts on the short course, the event should've been sponsored by Preparation H

I think a rigid mounted camera would be a good investment. Man that was shaky...
I think chin-mount gives the most-relatable POV (side-helmet mount here in second place), but this is definitely hard to watch since the camera movement from the car jouncing on hard springs really takes you out of the moment.

Protip from someone who works in the world of automotive media and television, @BROCKgoFAST: Shoot in 4K UHD and then when you drop this into your Premiere sequence, you can use Warp Stabilizer with the method set to 'position' (or position & rotation if you find yourself really ducking to the side in the corners) utilizing a 1920x1080 floating frame. You can choose your crop% based on the level of activity and re-render your sequence out to 1080p when you're finished (since Youtube probably works better with progressive than broadcast interlace scan method). A lot of television shows are shot in 4K just to be broadcast in 1080i so the producer/editor can choose their framing later. GoPro has a stabilization function innately, but you can do a better job with the 4K UHD source with off-camera software.

Oh, and if you do that, make sure you're using a UHS 3/ Video Speed Class 30 SD card. Lots of people don't know what they're doing and just pop any-old SD card (read: Class 2) into their action camera. Even a 1080p camera should be running a Class 10 card for best performance so you don't have any chance of data throttling based on write speeds.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Lawton, OK
I think chin-mount gives the most-relatable POV (side-helmet mount here in second place), but this is definitely hard to watch since the camera movement from the car jouncing on hard springs really takes you out of the moment.

Protip from someone who works in the world of automotive media and television, @BROCKgoFAST: Shoot in 4K UHD and then when you drop this into your Premiere sequence, you can use Warp Stabilizer with the method set to 'position' (or position & rotation if you find yourself really ducking to the side in the corners) utilizing a 1920x1080 floating frame. You can choose your crop% based on the level of activity and re-render your sequence out to 1080p when you're finished (since Youtube probably works better with progressive than broadcast interlace scan method). A lot of television shows are shot in 4K just to be broadcast in 1080i so the producer/editor can choose their framing later. GoPro has a stabilization function innately, but you can do a better job with the 4K UHD source with off-camera software.

Oh, and if you do that, make sure you're using a UHS 3/ Video Speed Class 30 SD card. Lots of people don't know what they're doing and just pop any-old SD card (read: Class 2) into their action camera. Even a 1080p camera should be running a Class 10 card for best performance so you don't have any chance of data throttling based on write speeds.
One day, I will understand what you just said. 😆

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Tampa, FL

Thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors