The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

vinyl sticker removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Hi,
I bought some custom die cut vinyl stickers for my racing numbers. These are the pro automotive kind and resemble the OEM stickers in quality and look. So if I need to remove my stickers someday, how is it done? Some kind of solution?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I haven't removed the factory boss decals but others I have used a heat gun then go back with denatured alcohol and a microfiber towel to remove the glue residue. WD-40 will also take of glue residue

like mentioned, heat gun would help greatly. I've also used Goo Gone (bought from walmart) to successfully remove any left over adhesive residue. it is recommended to, at least, spray a quick detailer or spray wax once the vinyl is off.

Justin said:
I haven't removed the factory boss decals but others I have used a heat gun then go back with denatured alcohol and a microfiber towel to remove the glue residue. WD-40 will also take of glue residue

I used that **** like Justin uses Zaino. You need to make sure and get it all off though, or it will leave white gunk on rubber.

TMO Supporting Vendors