The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

VIR Hooked on Driving May 6 & 7- North and Full Course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
HOD has a nice event coming up in May at VIR. You will get to run two configurations (only for Intermediate and Advanced drivers though for both days - no beginners) and lots of track time. On May 7 beginners can sign up for the full course day only.
http://www.hookedondriving.com/hooked-on-driving-region/Southern-States-Region

I am going to sign up for this one, so maybe I will see some of you out there. This is also the same week the One Lap of America is running, so I plan to stop at CMP and maybe the BMW Performance Center on the way back to Atlanta on the 8th to watch some racing and meet some cool people. They will be up at VIR on the 9th.
http://www.onelapofamerica.com/

GA
Well, the company HOD was partnered with for the Monday north course backed out, so this is just a one-day event now on the full course on Monday, May 6. It is open to all levels. Dave Auer told me that he will hold the event for sure, regardless of the number of cars registered. He said if registration is light he will run 2 groups and everyone would get 3 1/2 hours of track time that day. Right now he plans to run 3 groups, which is a little over 2 hours.

I'm still planning on going, and will just have more time to hang out at CMP with One Lap.

GA
Rezoom Motorsports just announced that they gained a date on Friday May 3rd, so you could potentially run with Rezoom Friday, hang out over the weekend, and run with HOD on Monday. I have been thinking about changing my plans to do this since I could sign for the green group to have an instructor with Rezoom on Friday and then run the B group solo with HOD on Monday.

Is anyone here planning to sign up for either or both days?

GA
I signed up for the beginners group Friday with Rezoom to get familiar with the track, and will run solo on Monday with HOD. Can't wait! ;D

Looking good Ken.

GA
NFSBOSS said:
Looking good Ken.

Thanks Rick! I got screwed by rain on Monday- HOD postponed the event over the weekend until Nov 4, so I only got one day in. I can go back then or use the credit for another event.

GA
further said:
I was there on Sunday when they announced it. Sorry dude. Come back with Trackdaze June 8-9.

Yeah, I think next time at VIR I will sign up with Trackdaze (not then though since I have a prior commitment that weekend). My instructor Anne Keller had a lot of good things to say about them.

BTW, sorry I didn't introduce myself better when I walked up to you. Your girlfriend looked a little nervous.

PJWANNABE said:
Yeah, I think next time at VIR I will sign up with Trackdaze (not then though since I have a prior commitment that weekend). My instructor Anne Keller had a lot of good things to say about them.

BTW, sorry I didn't introduce myself better when I walked up to you. Your girlfriend looked a little nervous.

Haha, that's Kevin, who also has a CO Boss. Mine has the Tiger 302s hood. His trailer is nice, eh. Funny about his girlfriend.

Trackdaze will be back in August and November (full/grand). I'll be there for all of them.

GA
further said:
Haha, that's Kevin, who also has a CO Boss. Mine has the Tiger 302s hood. His trailer is nice, eh. Funny about his girlfriend.

Trackdaze will be back in August and November (full/grand). I'll be there for all of them.

Ooops. No wonder ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel