The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

VIR Jan 26-27?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I saw an SVT/BOSS event on Jan 26-27 at VIR on another site and was going to repost it here, but then saw it had been posted here, but the post is closed to replies? so, i wanted to see if anyone was planning on going? it will be a stretch to get my car prepped by then, but i have been jonesing for some track time. the fair weather guarantee is a great feature too!

Sesshomurai

I'm planning on both those events. Weather permitting for the Jan event though. Been chilly lately.

I have sent in my registration form and check.

Don't forget that you need to be a member of TCUSA, SCMC, or ModularBoss to attend. You also get a discount if you register for the event before January 13, 2013.

The last two January's we had 65 degrees in 2011 and 58 degrees in 2012. I've watched the weather for several years before agreeing to take the date. This will be a good weekend for some of you that plan to come in May and are not familiar with the track. It is also a good time to fine tune your skills if you have run it but are a little rusty. Everything is there at the track so there is no need to leave because lunch and dinner is available over the weekend. it's also a great time for us to get to know one another better. Can't wait to finally run my Boss at VIR. BTW Darren, how do you make your signature do the slidescreen? That's really cool....

I also do not know why they locked our event posts???

I'm leaning towads going. It's a 400 mile drive for me from PA. The guarentee is great but if the weather is bad up north and nice at VIR I won't be able to make the drive and won't get a refund.

Sesshomurai

KBBOSS1086 said:
I'm leaning towads going. It's a 400 mile drive for me from PA. The guarentee is great but if the weather is bad up north and nice at VIR I won't be able to make the drive and won't get a refund.

You can pay cash at the event.

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
In general the lodges fill up and you get your key at the gate late night as you pull in.

But for early season - as of right now it looks like lodge and villa rooms are still available.

Or - if you have a camper/RV etc - they have power everywhere and more than decent facilities.

I want in - if so it will be w/ a not slow Subaru w/ giant stickers

It's ALMOST time to start checking the weather......

-Ken

I'm going to VIR as well. Leaving at some time on Friday from Charles Town/ Summit Point area.

pufferfish: I believe we "know" each other from Summit, I'm the instructor with the Kona Boss. I called the lodge on Monday and reserved my room for the weekend. I have to wait for a delivery of appliances from Sears on Friday, but let me know if interested in caravaning down.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
LostPony said:
I'm going to VIR as well. Leaving at some time on Friday from Charles Town/ Summit Point area.

pufferfish: I believe we "know" each other from Summit, I'm the instructor with the Kona Boss. I called the lodge on Monday and reserved my room for the weekend. I have to wait for a delivery of appliances from Sears on Friday, but let me know if interested in caravaning down.
We sure do know each other! It will be good to see you again! Maybe this time we will be able to run together on the track! I would caravan, but I am far east of you (Annapolis area). I will be taking 95 south. I would guess you'd be coming down 81?

Yes, probably down 81. I saw in the other thread that the event could be cancelled if it's below 48*. Saturday forecast is 36*. I'm going to shoot Tony a message and see if there is any truth to canceling due to temperature. I hope not..

Sesshomurai

LostPony said:
Yes, probably down 81. I saw in the other thread that the event could be cancelled if it's below 48*. Saturday forecast is 36*. I'm going to shoot Tony a message and see if there is any truth to canceling due to temperature. I hope not..

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19048

Right now, I do not plan on cancelling the event. I know the temps say 36 degrees but it is still too early to tell and as long as it isn't raining/snowing, getting a sunny track weekend is hard to get. Bring a sweatshirt and leave the suntan lotion at home! I remember, our first track day in MI and the very first one we did, we ran in the light snow/rain, it was definitely a test of will but it was fun. However, I am not suggesting that here, I ws just saying what happened in 2000.

We do have the "right" to cancel the event if the temps are below 48 degrees but as long as we have participants that want to run, it will be a go. I heard on the Bimmer boards they run when the temps are cold all the time and didn't understand the weather clause at all..

P.S. If you plan to eat dinner with us on either Friday or Saturday nights, please post in the forums or shoot me an e-mail. Just as an aside, you'll get to see the Holman/Moody Mustang going out on track for testing and tuning all weekend long and you'll get to chat with Lee Holman himself and listen to him on Saturday night during dinner. We are also working on a nother special guest for the weekend but i cannot say who it is until we know his schedule will allow.

Tony

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Ironic that it will be 48 Friday and Monday. But cold during the event. I have been tracking in the snow, rain, miserablly hot and sticky. 36 and sunny will be just fine for me. Nobody will have cooling issues!

pufferfish said:
Ironic that it will be 48 Friday and Monday. But cold during the event.
That's not cold? ??? Well it is here in CA. LOL

pufferfish said:
I have been tracking in the snow, rain, miserablly hot and sticky. 36 and sunny will be just fine for me. Nobody will have cooling issues!
Ah the silver lining.

Sesshomurai

I'm gonna go and if I don't do as many runs or run as hard as I want, I'll use the time to work on my video recording, data logging and other gadgets I added this year.

TMO Supporting Vendors