The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

VIR with Trackdaze, Full Course, Blue Group, 8/27/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This was the second of 8 sessions. Great couple of days.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wtBzaKFqEQI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf8LGh-PBtAI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Nice driving. Every time I see video of that track I think that it's high speed heaven. 8)

GA
Nice! I gotta get to VIR soon. It is an 8 hour drive, but I know it will be worth the trip. I am going to try to hit Barber in November.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
5 DOT 0 said:
Nice driving. Every time I see video of that track I think that it's high speed heaven. 8)

4000' back straight, half of it on a downhill ! Only place faster I've been to was Pocono Raceway on their NASCAR Tri-Oval...

It is a very fast track, but also has some nice turns and elevation changes. Hope to see you all there. I stayed with some friends at the Villas. You see them to the left of the uphill Esses. Very nice condos. I'm going to be at the Paddock rooms above the garage next weekend. The Tavern restaurant also serves nice food and has an open full bar, with a nice patio and pool table. On Day two, the Porsche Cup car team was out, practicing.

Sesshomurai

Sweet. How did you create the video overlays there? Use any phone apps to record the data?
I've tried using Trackmaster but its interface is klunky and hard to use.

Harry's Laptimer IPhone app and QuickTime Pro. I still need to work on the stitching, and compression.

5 DOT 0 said:
further said:
Harry's Laptimer IPhone app and QuickTime Pro. I still need to work on the stitching, and compression.
I have an iP4 with HLT and haven't had much luck syncing the data to video. I'll be buying a iP5 in two weeks and hope the faster processing makes the process more seamless.

Just click the video, then press the overlay button. Works most of the time.

TMO Supporting Vendors