The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Virtually new Boss 302S Black BBS 18x9.5 rims.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have to list these as virtually new since I did take them out of their boxes, mounted them with rain tires , and then never used them. Sold the rain tires , but these rare BBS rims have never seen the ground , the track ,etc. These are absolutely perfect for someone wanting a super solid forged rim for running in American Iron ( NASA ) , American Sedan ( SCCA ), or ST4 ( NASA ). Obviously , they would also look good on a S197 used for the street. I paid $3000 for them in the past , they are no longer available, so I would like to get $2500 ( or a reasonable offer ) for them. They would be a good addition for someone with a Boss S who wants a set of the Spec wheels or only has the silver ones and would like the black rims. I have a heck of a time posting on my wife's computer , so feel free to drop me a note at [email protected] if interested . You can also call/text me and I would be happy to send you some pics from my phone. As noted the only wear was tire goop from mounting and dismounting and of course I will clean that off, ha. I believe these are also the proper size for Spec Mustang classes in both SCCA and NASA. Obviously these would dress up a Mustang used mainly for the street also, since they look great and are lightweight.

Phone for call or text is 402-677-5864

Rims are stored just North of Omaha, Nebraska , so hoping for someone close by. Will be running at Heartland Motorsports Park, Motorsports Park Hastings, and likely Autobahn ( late in the year ) if someone wants free delivery.

bbs-wheels-for-sale-mustang.jpgbbs-wheels-for-sale-mustang2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I have to list these as virtually new since I did take them out of their boxes, mounted them with rain tires , and then never used them. Sold the rain tires , but these rare BBS rims have never seen the ground , the track ,etc. These are absolutely perfect for someone wanting a super solid forged rim for running in American Iron ( NASA ) , American Sedan ( SCCA ), or ST4 ( NASA ). Obviously , they would also look good on a S197 used for the street. I paid $3000 for them in the past , they are no longer available, so I would like to get $2500 ( or a reasonable offer ) for them. They would be a good addition for someone with a Boss S who wants a set of the Spec wheels or only has the silver ones and would like the black rims. I have a heck of a time posting on my wife's computer , so feel free to drop me a note at [email protected] if interested . You can also call/text me and I would be happy to send you some pics from my phone. As noted the only wear was tire goop from mounting and dismounting and of course I will clean that off, ha. I believe these are also the proper size for Spec Mustang classes in both SCCA and NASA. Obviously these would dress up a Mustang used mainly for the street also, since they look great and are lightweight.

Phone for call or text is 402-677-5864

Rims are stored just North of Omaha, Nebraska , so hoping for someone close by. Will be running at Heartland Motorsports Park, Motorsports Park Hastings, and likely Autobahn ( late in the year ) if someone wants free delivery.
Can you post more info about the backspacing of the wheels? I am looking for a second set of wheels to run some more rain friendly/street tires on my 67 mustang. Right now I have a set of Forgestar F14's in 18x11 on the car. Thanks

-Adam

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good question, I will try and find the data, but the wheels are over at my son's house with my Boss S and some other items, so I will have to try and have him check or do some research.

I thought they would be perfect for rain tires on my Boss since they were the first Spec for the Boss S ( square ) and they are still the size required for American Iron and American Sedan ( and more ). But for a 67 Mustang I am not sure, though someone like Blacksheep 1 may read this and he may actually know ------ the guy knows wheels ( ha). Sorry , the guy knows rims and he has tons of knowledge on both old and new Mustangs.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
It appears the back spacing is around 6.65 inches , but since I have to apologize for a few errors ( Senior moments ) I am doing more research to not have misleading information. My son brought up the rims yesterday and I realized I had confused my Enkei rims and these. I actually had the rains mounted on the Enkei rims , and they are already sold. The BBS rims were run 5 laps at Pueblo ( Tymeslayer was there ) a few years back to heat cycle a set of tires, then the tires were dismounted. I stored the rims at my son's house because he has a 5 car garage, and a slew of tire racks on the wall for his two track machines. Embarrassed a bit , as the rims/tires were on track for a few laps and I stated they had never seen the track. They are still like new, but I felt I needed to clarify, as that was not what I stated. Will get a shot of one of the rims, but will have my wife do this as I wrenched my back and have been in bed the last few days.
Buddy of mine, at Ford, also contacted me and told me that though the rims are quite rare in black ( apparently the bulk were done in silver ), I was incorrect about them being Forged. That was what I was told from where they were purchased , so my bad. The rims are no longer made or available , but since they are not Forged the price is probably more realistic at $2000. I have a bit of egg on my face since I rushed putting this on the site, my apologies, and I will figure out how to post pics on my wife's computer. I am also waiting for more data from BBS so I can list any additional information that might be available.

What I can glean from data I have found is the rims ( 18x9.5 ) weigh 20.5 lbs. and are flow formed. The codes show RE1865 ( believe that is the rim model ) 1626238 and A1S17Mg, made in Germany. Believe it is considered an et37 on the 18x9.5 rims , but am working to completely verify that also.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors