The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

vmp supercharger install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/is44kpdcmd1fdx5/wS6JJ31pIO dyno tune on tuesday https://www.dropbox.com/s/il0ni9heu6wr56n/20130701_164410.jpg

Thank you Justin,Vmp will finish and dyno tune on tuesday,I will pick up the car around 4:30 and have results tomorrow night,running about 10# of boost. I'm afraid the tranny can't take much more boost .

chefron50 said:
Thank you Justin,Vmp will finish and dyno tune on tuesday,I will pick up the car around 4:30 and have results tomorrow night,running about 10# of boost. I'm afraid the tranny can't take much more boost .

the stock transmission can barely handle what it comes with off the showroom floor. In for updates on the future of your transmission. :D

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I think with just a better clutch like a. MCLEOD RXT.. Tranny should be fine, depending on how much hard use you give it.

Got my car back this evening,dynoed 597 hp and almost 528 torque all to the rear wheels. It was raining si I really couldn't do much on my way home.I will post dyno results 1st chance I get. About 15 mpg in city,about 23 highway so I didn't lose much mpg. I understand the weak tranny but look at the roush,rtr and other tuners,very few tranny issues,just need to upgrade the clutch and 2 piece driveshaft. I'm not going to the drag strip anytime soon so tranny should hold up for now. Traction is a problem in 1st and 2nd. but great midrange power now and like I said it was raining so I for the most part couldn't open her up yet. Updates wednesday night after work....Ron

TMO Supporting Vendors