The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Vorshlag Camber Plates for S550 with OEM spring compatibility are released

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We just finished the last of the machining, anodizing and plating and have begun assembling and shipping our camber plates for the S550 with the OEM diameter spring. These are compatible with all know springs that fit the stock top mount. We've tested them with GT and GT350R springs.

Here is one of out testers, who recently beat out a large field of SCCA CAM-C competitors in a mildly prepared S550 with GT350R springs and our plates.
B61G6276-S.jpg

Vorshlag S550 (2015-up) Mustang Camber/Caster Plates & OEM Perches [A1-4701-02]
http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_322_329&products_id=825

Here are the bullet points, but the most important ones is that this camber plate does not re-use any stock components. You do not need to recycle the perches off your existing top mounts, or have to source parts from Ford to assemble them with your springs and struts. You just compress the spring, drop on our camber plates, and tighten the top nut.

• Compatible with all OEM diameter factory and aftermarket (lowering) springs for S550
  • Works on the 2015-up Mustang Ecoboost, V6, GT and Shelby GT350 and GT350R
  • Installs with basic hand tools, no chassis modifications required.
  • Caster & Camber are independently adjustable.
  • Camber is easily adjustable at the track with simple (metric) hand tools.
  • Caster is adjustable with two fixed positions: factory (frontmost), and ~ +1.0 degree (rearmost)
  • The spherical bearing used in the Vorshlag camber plate is the largest used in any S550 Mustang camber plate on the market. The result has much better durability and wear characteristics than the undersized bearings used in our competitors' plates.
  • Aluminum alloy main plate and steel alloy bearing holder construction - Tough as a tank!
  • All components plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.

B61G7092-XL.jpg

If you want to see more glamor photos of all the components for the production plates, scroll through the gallery starting here:
https://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Product-Pictures/Vorshlag-Camber-Plate-Product/i-7Zcs4g2

If you want to see the prototype parts, start here:
https://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Product-Pictures/Development-Pictures/i-J8Rt5ht

These are also available for suspensions that use racing springs in 60mm, 2.25" or 2.5" diameters.

Too bad they didn't do more trials. I put some recesses in the right places to clear those bolt heads.

On one of our tester's cars, he ran -2.5 degrees with stock springs. We will do another fit-up tomorrow with a max-camber number. But the limit is really the edge of the hole. When the nut hits the hole that's the usual limit. I try to add more adjustment so those folks that want to trim the strut tower hole can, and gain more camber and caster.

I don't have a S550 photo handy, but here's an example of what I'm talking about on the S197. And this tower was opened up slightly to allow more adjustment.

DSC_7962-M.jpg

DFW, TX
They have my GT350 in their shop now.

I'll have it back tomorrow with R springs (and of course camber plates with a real alignment)

I just ordered a set today from Jason. I have a gt350 track pack with R front and rear springs, R rear sway bar, front and rear adjustable sway bar end links, front lower control arm bearings, rear lower control arm bearings, IRS cradle delrin bushings, differential aluminum bushings, vertical links with bearings, toe links with rod ends, Forgeline GA1R open lugs and psc2 305/30zr19 on all 4. I've been waiting and dreaming of these camber plates for months. Thanks Jason!! I can't wait until they get delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Black Boss said:
@modernbeat These look very nice. What is the max camber achievable? At least one competitor plate is limited to 2.1* by the cross brace bolts...
Nick
I got -2.2 with MM plates and still have a little room in the tower opening. Do the plates hit the bolt heads for the tower brace underneath?
Steve

Yes the bolts are welded in place.

DFW, TX
Check with Vorshlag to double check, but I think they said they could have put -3 degrees of camber when they had it on the alignment machine today.

They took a ton of pictures of the install on my car so I'm sure they will have further info soon.

Yes, we saw more than -3 degrees (something like -3.3), but at that position the top of the shaft would contact the edge of the hole. I believe we moved it back to -2.8 to give the top of the strut shaft plenty of clearance to the edge of the strut tower hole.

TMO Supporting Vendors