The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Vorshlag off my Xmas List

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
LS is a much more compact package than the Coyote, that has to help the front weight distribution/weight height and thus front grip a lot. Betcha a LS powered S550 at 455 hp would beat a Coyote at 460 bhp on the road course, all other things being equal.

LOL . They're doing a nice job with the project.

Wolvee

Full Time Nerd
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Historic Triangle
Heck, I'm on the fence for getting an LS for my next project. There's just not much easier to build and make power with.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Just to be clear, I wouldn't even consider putting an LS in my car, I really like the Coyote engine in spite of the package size. I think it is a much more modern and sophisticated design than the LS and that appeals to me. The engine design was what got me into Mustangs when I bought my '11 Brembo car.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just kidding but... while we were rebuilding my coyote there was a LSA of a friend getting rebuilt at the same time... Was not impressed... head Ports were very crude and the block was weak compared to the Coyote... was surprised!

Not to mention it had less then Half the track hours mine had.

o_O Er...got some brand mixin' in there... :confused:

:p :D

jajaja dam Krauts, they all look the same!! Was thinking about my heated argument with e E90 M3 owner... I told him he would need a LS swap

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel