The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Register Log in

Vorshlag S550 Brake Cooling Deflector Kit

VoodooBoss

Rick
Reaction score

JeffV8

TMO Addict
Reaction score
Terry, I use 19x11 wheels and I see the ones you make are used on 18” wheels. Will your kit work the same on 19” wheels??
Thanks
Jeff

Fair

Go Big or Go Home
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Terry, I use 19x11 wheels and I see the ones you make are used on 18” wheels. Will your kit work the same on 19” wheels??
Thanks
Jeff
Jeff,

Yes, we tested these with 19x11" wheels as well. They will work with larger diameters and narrower widths, but only down to 18" diameter wheels - which is the minimum that will fit the 15" PP1 brakes that these brake deflectors are made for

USCA-NCM-2019-2%20%2818%20of%2047%29-L.jpg

The 18x11" is a smaller diameter envelope so 18" diameter was our "minimum size".

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Reaction score
This was developed by a friend of mine who did the original S550 brake development work for Ford; he and Vorshlag have collaborated to bring these to market and they will work very well.

FWIW I am using a home-made version of scoop-to-deflector on my own car since hose routing with the SLA wasn't practical. The deflectors work.

TMSBOSS

Epic Contributor
Reaction score
Nice. I ordered a set for the 350R. Should be here Friday. I’ll tap the holes and bolt on.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Reaction score
Installed mine today. Fairly simple though my bolt holes didn't seem to be tapped right through or may have had crud in them. Chased them with a tap and it went fine. I left my 3" hoses in place to where they come through the fender liners, they now point directly at the deflector. Hoping that will increase the air flow above what the PP splitter supplies. I was going to post pictures of the destroyed, for the 3rd time, hoses but figured there's no point in beating a dead horse.

IMG_20200328_151238.jpg
IMG_20200328_151258.jpg

TMSBOSS

Epic Contributor
Reaction score
Installed the deflectors on my 350. I tapped the holes 1/4-20. The supplied bolts were metric. I replaced the bolts. Looks good.

PaddyPrix

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
I don't have an exact number because I can't entirely trust my Harbor Freight temp gun, but I saw a serious drop in temps, and more importantly, gained much more confidence in my braking. Before, I'd cook them about 15 minutes into a session, and being able to stop this boat without fade is a wonderful feeling. Unlike some of you, my kit consisted of two passenger side plates, so I get some noise when making some heavy turns, and if you're a lucky fellow who has two driver side plates, drop me a line, because have I got a deal for you, and you only.

TMSBOSS

Epic Contributor
Reaction score
I have not had a chance to track mine since adding the plates. I also added titanium shims between the pads and the calipers. The deflectors and the shims should help reduce heat getting to the fluid.

TMO Supporting Vendors