The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Vorshlag Strut Tower Cutting Tool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did the job perfectly, so time to find a new home.

You know you want to cut some big beautiful holes in your strut towers so buy me and then pass me on to another TMO’er!

$35 shipped

57FC3CD4-5456-4E99-BD6D-E7B85BFBB90B.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Arizona
What kind of drill and hole saw bit did you use ?I wanna make sure I have something strong enough lol

QUOTE="Scootsmcgreggor, post: 256792, member: 4974"]
Did the job perfectly, so time to find a new home.

You know you want to cut some big beautiful holes in your strut towers so buy me and then pass me on to another TMO’er!

$35 shipped

View attachment 62731
[/QUOTE]

I used a new Milwaukee 3" "hole dozer".

The more important part is the drill. Drilling a 3" diameter hole in steel is fairly demanding so having a hand drill with good torque that can keep cool at low RPM's is most important. I burned up my dewalt drill that had a max speed of 2700RPM doing my first hole. It didn't have enough cooling at 2-300RPM, nor the torque. Bought a milwaukee with a max speed of 850RPM and that ate right through without issue.

sfo
I did not have that problem. Used milwalkee hole saw and cordless drill just be light and let the hole saw slowly do the work. Don't bear down on it.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Gibsonia, PA
Their strut opening tools are great! I purchased one for the S550, and the shop that installed the new springs, and camber plates liked it so much they purchased it from me for what I paid Vorshlag originally!

TMO Supporting Vendors