The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Vorshlag updates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr

Race tracks have turns!
And then you need the lower control arm mounts and a new panhard.... some aspects will be worst with just simple lowering.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Update from OP here. I have taken a break from the car stuff since last July. I lost my Father July 17th and just lost interest in the car thing. He was 88 and had a great life. He passed away in his sleep in his recliner with a western in his lap and the TV muted. May we all be so fortunate. He was a Ford man and the reason I have always liked Fords. He loved my Boss and had come to the Track several times to watch me run.
Thought I would start where I left off. The upgrades talked about above are complete (no sways our r compounds yet)
I ran the Boss two times with the new parts on and it is just want I was looking for. Completely different, better car a speed (run in the A group). Much improved and actually drives better on the street. The Vorshlag camber plates really make the car feel tight. No tram lining and just feels right.
I plan on adding the Whiteline sway bars front and rear along with some 18X10 sve drifts with nito nto1s, 275s up front and 305s at the rear this spring. I also have the Whiteline panhard support brace along with the transmission bushing to get installed. I might add a high flow grill to the list and then service , tech, nut and bolt and time for fun. Fun begins up here in the Seattle area March April if we are lucky. I will update when my mods are complete along with some pictures this spring after some track time. For those interested in a low cost easy up grade option. For those who want more hard core check this out....http://rehagenracingproducts.com/2011-Ford-Mustang-GT-50L-HPDE-Prepped-Track-Car-RR2011-HPDE.htm Hmmm, I do have a open garage bay.

jr

Race tracks have turns!
Sorry to hear about your Dad! Sounds like a great guy!
I moved here from Seattle myself, so I appreciate your area. You're now on countdown for a few months, so you have time to do the necessary tuning and experimenting before your season starts.
Are the SVO 18" wheels 10" wide all around (you just run 4 10" all around?)? I have a student with 305s on the rear on 10" rims and they seem to fit... but I am wondering if they are necessary. I'd rather be square for handling purposes rather than staggered... plus you can rotate as they wear. And with 10" you can run 285s.
BTW, I've got Ford's own brake cooling ducts on mine - they are a necessity.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
jr said:
Sorry to hear about your Dad! Sounds like a great guy!
I moved here from Seattle myself, so I appreciate your area. You're now on countdown for a few months, so you have time to do the necessary tuning and experimenting before your season starts.
Are the SVO 18" wheels 10" wide all around (you just run 4 10" all around?)? I have a student with 305s on the rear on 10" rims and they seem to fit... but I am wondering if they are necessary. I'd rather be square for handling purposes rather than staggered... plus you can rotate as they wear. And with 10" you can run 285s.
BTW, I've got Ford's own brake cooling ducts on mine - they are a necessity.
Thanks , Dad will be missed. Yes the weather count down up here. We have a bunch of hard core guys that run all year at the Ridge with Turn 2. I'm invited out this Sat the 4th for a track day but at 45 degrees with a damp and cold track is not the ideal track day for me any more. I will wait till it warms up a bite you know 59 with damp and cold track :) You mention your student. Are you a PCA and BMW instructor? PM me if you are we may know each other.
On the wheels yes I'm going to run 18 x10 at the 4 corners. That way I can go square latter with the tires if desired. I ran 18" 285s square on my 95 M-3 with fender work. The car weighed 2,850 lbs. or so and had a close to 50/50 front to rear weight ratio with maybe 300 hp. The Boss I think needs some stagger as we have a less then ideal weight ratio front to back with a lot of power added to the mix. I'm running 19" super sports now at 265 front and 295 rear and the car feels very balanced at speed and breaks away smoothly. So I thought I would keep the stagger for now and get a little more rubber on the track while moving to R compound's. Yes I have the brake ducts and all the stuff that Ford wants plus more for the track. Check this square set up out. http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_142_268&products_id=624

jr

Race tracks have turns!
No on PCA - not anymore. I abandoned them as did many other instructors down here. They got too snotty and wouldn't allow non-Porsche owners to register for events until all their own people were covered, and they require the 911 line to be taught and only der 911 line. Period.
I don't support clubs anymore that are formed for a specific brand of car... most of them end up this way, and/or end up with so-called "instructors" whose only qualification is that they own one of the cars.
The group I'm part of does any and all brands of cars - we don't discriminate. Call it "non-denominational". Our instructors have backgrounds in varying types of cars so that they truly understand what happens in turns with different types of drivetrains.. not only 1 drivetrain (such as one where the engine is in the wrong place). We are incomparably better off for this. The experience available to the student is far superior.
I'm a big fan of Vorschlag... they are only about 200 miles from here. My tentative plan is to get a 2015 and have Vorschlag do the same work to it that they are going to do on their own 2015 when it arrives. I've been following their S197 work but don't want to go any further with this car. There's good improvements to be made, but the solid axle is ultimately a dead end and the focus is going to be on the IRS.

TMO Supporting Vendors