The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

VT, MA, NH - What tracks do you frequent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Just curious...in case I find the need to actually experience winter! ;)

I just drove through MA, CT, and VT last week and was wondering where I would run if I lived there...and how far I would have to drive.

Check http://www.neqclub.org/ and http://www.scda1.com/home for track events in the Northeast.
I havent been able to attend any with these guys yet due to my work schedule.

Member/Moderator PeteInCT has worked with both groups and would be able to give you more insight.

Bruce

There's Mont Tremblant, Calabogie & Mosport across the boarder in Ontario. I haven't been to any of them yet but Mont Tremblant looks like a cool track and I've heard good things about Mosport (I might try Mt Tremblant with the BMW CCA in July and possibly Calabogie in August with the NE SVT club. And of course, you wouldn't be too far from the greatest track in the country...Watkins Glen!

KBBOSS1086 said:
There's Mont Tremblant, Calabogie & Mosport across the boarder in Ontario. I haven't been to any of them yet but Mont Tremblant looks like a cool track and I've heard good things about Mosport (I might try Mt Tremblant with the BMW CCA in July and possibly Calabogie in August with the NE SVT club. And of course, you wouldn't be too far from the greatest track in the country...Watkins Glen!
Mont Tremblant looks like a beautiful facility. No wonder Ferrari uses it for their driving school. And of course Mosport has a lot of racing history. Lots of nice tracks in the NE. No wonder we have a large concentration of members in that area.

Grant 302

Thanks for the responses, guys! 8)

I didn't find that many that were day-trip distances on my own. I know there are many that would be overnight or longer trips...but I find I prefer the convenience of day trips for most of my driving.

I figure if I lived up there, I would finally have the space for a trailer and other gear to make it easier for longer trips. But I'd love to mainly be able to prep the car at home and roll to the track.

I'd still love to hear about anything else near the area.

I had heard that Thompson Speedway is reconstructing their road course and might open next year. I can't wait since that would be the closest real road course. I am in the South Shore area in MA. There is also the AutoX events that several clubs run at Ft Devens, but I have had a hard time finding info schedules. If you look on Google maps at the airfield it looks like the satellites actually got some pictures of an event.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=base&hl=en&ll=42.570544,-71.60246&spn=0.001501,0.002312&sll=42.570527,-71.602468&sspn=0.001501,0.002312&t=h&radius=0.07&hq=base&z=19

KBBOSS1086 said:

Excellent suggestions.

Just wanted to mention that Mont Tremblant is actually in Quebec not Ontario ;)

Grant 302

Me likey:
ional-speedway-road-course-mapjpg-16eb8222523484bf.jpg

Maybe a Boss Track and Golf event in 2014 or 15? :)

And it does look like an event at the airfield...wonder what all the cars are on the southeast corner?

Thanks, guys...none of this showed up on a quick google maps search.

Grant 302 said:
Maybe a Boss Track and Golf event in 2014 or 15? :)

And it does look like an event at the airfield...wonder what all the cars are on the southeast corner?

Thanks, guys...none of this showed up on a quick google maps search.

They look like they are surrounded by a fence, probably vehicles being stored. I can't wait for Thompson to be finished but I would not be surprised if it takes a while. It looks like the area we were autocrossing in will become the dogleg and pit area. That is a huge renovation and I can't wait!

TMO Supporting Vendors