The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Warranty article

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That was an excellent read.

I haven't had time to read it yet, but reminds me of the book about the Taurus (I think that was the car). It was an interesting book, if anyone knows the name post it up.

MLM

Mike
Neat stuff, the kind of engineering that fascinates me.

The part of the equation I don't think was mentioned in the article is manufacturing (as opposed to design) defects. When the pinion gear on my rear diff went out at 1,500 miles, I suspected that either it was just installed wrong or it was a one-off casting defect, since I have not heard of the Ford rear ends having an unusually high number of problems. And you guys push your cars harder than I do. So Building 4 is just one chunk of the iceburg - knowing how to consistently make the parts and put the car together right is the other chunk.

BOSS X

Texas
CaliMR said:
I haven't had time to read it yet, but reminds me of the book about the Taurus (I think that was the car). It was an interesting book, if anyone knows the name post it up.

Car: A Drama of the American Workplace by Mary Walton

TMO Supporting Vendors