The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Warranty Package

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The warranty on my LS will be running out soon and I would like to purchase the added two years. The Ford dealer says Ford has three basic plans like Sears good ,better and best. My question is what should the best plan cost me?. I want to stay with the Ford warranty since they have stood behind the product. thanks, jim

jim woodruff said:
The warranty on my LS will be running out soon and I would like to purchase the added two years. The Ford dealer says Ford has three basic plans like Sears good ,better and best. My question is what should the best plan cost me?. I want to stay with the Ford warranty since they have stood behind the product. thanks, jim

My dealer has it on their website.
You pick the time, the mileage you expect to have, what you want covered = price
Example I got
7 years. 50,000. (11,000 after 2 1/2 yrs), suspension and powertrain $1300
It doesn't cover wear and tear items, but I'm okay with it. They have fixed a few things on my Boss, it was worth it.

Make sure if you have activated the TracKey that the extended warranty will still cover things...

I was told the Extended warranty was VOID if you had the TracKey Activated (since it reduced your power train to 3Yr/36,000 mile) upon activation.

rpm3dinc said:
Make sure if you have activated the TracKey that the extended warranty will still cover things...

I was told the Extended warranty was VOID if you had the TracKey Activated (since it reduced your power train to 3Yr/36,000 mile) upon activation.

I was told by Ford that I had to go thru the dealer due to the fact I had the track key installed. The dealer wants about $2100.00 for the additional two years. Does that sound right?.

I have bought several Ford ESP plans from these guys.

They always beat the local dealer.

http://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com

Paul

rpm3dinc said:

The 3/36,000 only applies if Trackey is found to be cause of warranty claim. Otherwise, Extended still applies. Yes I've checked into this as I bought the Extended with the car and then later the Trackey.

2013boss302 said:
I have bought several Ford ESP plans from these guys.

They always beat the local dealer.

http://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com

Paul

Paul, thanks for all the info. I printed it out went to the dealer and they matched the priceing with the Ford Plan. ( which I think both are the same plan )

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
I went through the quote process for the warranty and one of the questions was whether I have a snowplow attached. Does the splitter count?

SeattleBoss said:
I went through the quote process for the warranty and one of the questions was whether I have a snowplow attached. Does the splitter count?

Nah. There's not enough snow in seattle. The windshield may qualify as a rainplow though.

TMO Supporting Vendors