The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WARRANTY WARNING!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was fortunate enough to have an 2012 LS at Track Attack fitted with the gauge pod. I found myself checking oil pressure several times during the event. Nice feature to have.
I'm thinking of a dual gauge pillar pod with either Autometer Elite or Spek Pro oil pressure and oil temperature gauge on my 2013. anyone else thinking of this?

Just like the oil light, the temp gauge is more of an "oh-sh$t" indicator it seems to me. As soon as I warm the engine up on my Focus or Boss, it ALWAYS stays smack dab in the middle, even on the track, even in 90-degree temps in stop and go traffic. So I know it isn't a real indicator of anything besides it has been running more than 5 minutes. I just hope it indicates a temp problem BEFORE something is damaged. But I am starting to doubt that now. Time for a LS gauge pod upgrade!

isrboss

My virtual oil temp moves on track, probably not real accurate, but I would say take a cool down lap if it gets close to the red. Mine has gone as high as around 5/8.

isrboss said:
My virtual oil temp moves on track, probably not real accurate, but I would say take a cool down lap if it gets close to the red. Mine has gone as high as around 5/8.

I suspect that maybe the gauge has a dead zone around the normal operating temp, and in the upper safe region it starts to move again. Maybe I didn't push her hard enough, lol. Unless you were using Trackey and that enables a more accurate reading? Still, the gauge is lacking actual values. Like others have suggested, the limited movement is probably to avoid paranoid owners from bombarding dealers and wasting their service departments time.

302BOB said:
We need Deysha to adopt us orphans at BMO! ;)

+1, she seems to do a great job at TMS.

On the price of the Ecobooat v6, I watched a Drive video with Matt Ferrah saying that a company does an Ecoboost Raptor and the engine alone is 17k.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Autometer has a good video on installing their gauge pod in a coyote mustang

[youtube]http://youtu.be/esdSIpgdQ1M[/youtube]

Yes, I've seen this video and I will use it when I decide to Make the installation. Good stuff! I'm undecided on going Speck or Autometer gauges. The Autometer 2 1/16 gauges fit the SOS gauge pod. SOS is currently checking with Speck to confirm fitment in their pod and I should hear back shortly. If I go with the oil pressure and temp gauges, I will use the Prosport oil filter adapter which will accomodate the 1/8 NPT sensors. I like the look of Kona Blue too!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Highpower11 said:
Yes, I've seen this video and I will use it when I decide to Make the installation. Good stuff! I'm undecided on going Speck or Autometer gauges. The Autometer 2 1/16 gauges fit the SOS gauge pod. SOS is currently checking with Speck to confirm fitment in their pod and I should hear back shortly. If I go with the oil pressure and temp gauges, I will use the Prosport oil filter adapter which will accomodate the 1/8 NPT sensors. I like the look of Kona Blue too!
speed of sound gauge pod is the way to go looks so much better then the autometer pods

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
If you guys are referring the the SOS A-pillar pods, they look great and are functional, but on the road course I've found it blocks my view. Just food for thought. Captdistraction has a triple-a-pillar pod in his car, maybe he'll chime in.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ArizonaGT said:
If you guys are referring the the SOS A-pillar pods, they look great and are functional, but on the road course I've found it blocks my view. Just food for thought. Captdistraction has a triple-a-pillar pod in his car, maybe he'll chime in.
couldnt be that much more then the auto meter pod?

captdistraction said:
I like the pod, the gauges are set in as close as they can be, but any pod will obscure vision.

I'm only 5'11" with a short body and long legs and the FRPP dash pod does not obscure my vision. The top of the pod is not higher than the hoodline in my line of sight. See write-up in other thread.

I find this denial of warranty a little puzzling. Ford has marketed this car as a a street car at home at the track. From the Track Attack web site in the news section the following article supports my contention.

Ford's Boss Track Attack program is a great perk for '12-'13 Boss 302 owners.
From the November, 2012 issue of Mustang Monthly
By Donald Farr
Photography by Donald Farr

Ford car marketing manager Steve Ling tipped me off about the program in an interview for my book, Mustang Boss 302: From Racing Legend to Modern Musclecar: "We're giving everyone a full day of driving instructions, in Bosses, at Miller Motorsports Park to help owners appreciate the full capability of their cars. I want people to enjoy driving them. And for those who aren't to the level of this car, they will have a chance to learn and, for some, that will inspire them to become a better driver and use this car safely at its limits. I don't want these cars in museums!"

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Any word from Ford about how the oil got into the intake?

The only thing I can think of is through the PCV system. Was your PCV system still stock?

isrboss

DCInIN said:
I find this denial of warranty a little puzzling. Ford has marketed this car as a a street car at home at the track. From the Track Attack web site in the news section the following article supports my contention.

Ford's Boss Track Attack program is a great perk for '12-'13 Boss 302 owners.
From the November, 2012 issue of Mustang Monthly
By Donald Farr
Photography by Donald Farr

Ford car marketing manager Steve Ling tipped me off about the program in an interview for my book, Mustang Boss 302: From Racing Legend to Modern Musclecar: "We're giving everyone a full day of driving instructions, in Bosses, at Miller Motorsports Park to help owners appreciate the full capability of their cars. I want people to enjoy driving them. And for those who aren't to the level of this car, they will have a chance to learn and, for some, that will inspire them to become a better driver and use this car safely at its limits. I don't want these cars in museums!"

Puffer has a GT, not Boss.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel