The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WARRANTY WARNING!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Ford doesn't care how the oil got in there since they denied the warranty (it's official). Pcv system didn't do its job since there was a good amount of oil in the intake. But I think the oil control rings may have crapped out too. Unfortunately, there are no tests that can be done with an engine that will not turn over...and is now torn apart.

I do have a gt but with the equivalent of the "track pack" (the brembo package, which includes revise suspension for better handling). But not officially marketed as a track ready car...whatever ::)

anyone get this
Good Morning, My name is Dave and I have an issue with my new Boss. A friend of mine told me about this site, and I was hoping for some ideas on how to get Ford to help me with this. So far they have passed me around to multiple reps, and after a dozen or so calls and emails to Ford Corp. they have become non responsive. I have a claim#, so any ideas on how to bypass the frontline reps and get upstairs to the oval office for some instant action would be appreciated.-----Bought the car in Sept. 2012. Drove it home and parked it in my shop. 1500 mile drive to get it home. Only a few sunny day drives over the winter, now at about 2500 miles. I pulled it out a couple months ago for it's first wash (since purchased) for the show season, and was horrified to discover a colored paste wax of some kind covering up dents and bondo in the hood. Also found sanding scratches and overspray on fender and front facia. Someone did a cheap stripe mask off and partial hood repaint that looks terrible. I called the selling dealer to report issues, took it to my local dealer for pics and documentation. The selling dealer blamed me for wrecking the car, and said, you bought it, you own the problem. If we believed everything customers told us, we wouldn't make any money. My local dealer has spoken with a rep about my situation and verified that I need a new hood, stripes and all. The reps response was-- "No way. We can't fix that. The selling dealer said they did not cover up damage, and we will not allow warranty in this situation. Ford is not responsible for paint work here." Now what in the world am I to do with that type of response? This car was wrecked before I bought it, and someone went to a lot of trouble trying to cover it up. Deysha, if you are out there, could you please push this up the line to someone that can make this right? I have already obtained legal advice and am prepared to take action on principle alone here. I know that will cost more than the fix, but I feel like Ford is sticking it to me big time here. I am open to any ideas out there. Please respond with thoughts. By the way FORD, I currently own 6 Mustangs and 5 Super Dutys. I am about ready to trade the entire lot in on DODGES. FRUSTRATED DAVE

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
pufferfish said:
Ford doesn't care how the oil got in there since they denied the warranty (it's official). Pcv system didn't do its job since there was a good amount of oil in the intake. But I think the oil control rings may have crapped out too. Unfortunately, there are no tests that can be done with an engine that will not turn over...and is now torn apart.

I do have a gt but with the equivalent of the "track pack" (the brembo package, which includes revise suspension for better handling). But not officially marketed as a track ready car...whatever ::)

That's unfortunate. I've been following with interest since my primary track car is an '11 Brembo GT. I've kept my entire power train 100% stock to help prevent any warranty issue, but now I've been thinking that I might want to add a passenger side PCV/oil catch can.

Anyway, good luck with the rebuild...I'll definitely be watching your other build thread.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel