The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WARRANTY WARNING!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
my dealer found out my car had ingested 4 quarts of oil through the intake. too much crankcase pressure or possibly a bad pcv or both. camshafts locked in the head and 4 main bearings spun due to lack of oil. ford warranty rep came by to assess for the warranty claim. AUTO BLIP...strike 1. SHORTY KOOKS HEADERS...strike 2. WARRANTY DENIED! are you f-ing kidding me? what the hell do either of those things have to do with crankcase pressure and pcv valves?!

oh, and the service manager (who has been very nice and helpful) said as soon as the guy saw my tow hook on the front, his attitude went south. the tow hook was on there to help get it on and off the flatbed! jezus!

does anyone have a phone number to fords warranty division? this is the biggest line of BS I have ever heard!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
that's exactly what it is. funny thing is, I've never even used it! I can't break the habit of heel-toeing, so it doesn't help.

Does sound like BS, what does headers and Autoblip have to do with sucking oil. Have you found any contacts for Ford yet?
Were you using the TK at the time?

Edit. You don't have a Boss do you?

Sorry to hear about this, mate. I know you are upset right now, but it sounds like this is just an initial reaction from the warranty rep. I bet it can be resolved if you escalate to the right people.

I would go to the following forum, post a thread and/or PM Deysha, who is a Ford Customer Service Rep who monitors that forum. From everything I have heard, she is very helpful in getting these kind of problems resolved.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f804/

Good luck!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Jimmy Pribble said:
Sorry to hear about this, mate. I know you are upset right now, but it sounds like this is just an initial reaction from the warranty rep. I bet it can be resolved if you escalate to the right people.

I would go to the following forum, post a thread and/or PM Deysha, who is a Ford Customer Service Rep who monitors that forum. From everything I have heard, she is very helpful in getting these kind of problems resolved.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f804/

Good luck!

+1...good luck man.

Steve contacting Deysha is a great idea. She's helped a lot of Mustang owners over the past couple of years.

Flyboygsxr said:
Ok, school me up...Auto Blip as in some type of auto rev matching system so you don't have to heel toe?
Here you go.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4435.msg76983#msg76983

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I spoke with someone at ford customer service who said there is nothing I can do until the warranty rep turns in his final recommendation. so, I need to wait until possibly tomorrow or Monday to move forward. I will have the ability to contact the rep after that. according to fords warranty manual, the aftermarket part must be proven to have caused the issue that led to the failure of the ford part. since there is no way in hell he will adequately explain why headers and a rev matcher (that wasn't even being used!) could cause the engine to consume 4 quarts of oil, the burden of proof is high. good luck proving that one Ford pissant!

one other thing I didn't even think of (of all people, my wife did!)...why didn't I get a low oil warning light? I am going to bring that little nugget up tomorrow when I go see the carnage.

in the event I can't get ford to pony up and its on my dime, Ford will not be receiving any money from me. no ford crate engine is going into my car!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
pufferfish said:
I spoke with someone at ford customer service who said there is nothing I can do until the warranty rep turns in his final recommendation. so, I need to wait until possibly tomorrow or Monday to move forward. I will have the ability to contact the rep after that. according to fords warranty manual, the aftermarket part must be proven to have caused the issue that led to the failure of the ford part. since there is no way in hell he will adequately explain why headers and a rev matcher (that wasn't even being used!) could cause the engine to consume 4 quarts of oil, the burden of proof is high. good luck proving that one Ford pissant!

one other thing I didn't even think of (of all people, my wife did!)...why didn't I get a low oil warning light? I am going to bring that little nugget up tomorrow when I go see the carnage.

in the event I can't get ford to pony up and its on my dime, Ford will not be receiving any money from me. no ford crate engine is going into my car!
there is no low oil sensor on the newer mustangs. Take a look on the side of the oil pan there isn't one. And if you don't have a oil pressure gauge you really are riding blind on what's going on in the engine.

Hopefully they will pull their heads out of their you know where and fix it under warranty.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
VTBoss302 said:
Sorry to hear about the warranty issues...

(COUGH) http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=23300

Best of luck

Yikes! That is quite a price tag! For that kind of money, I can score a stroker...and it wouldn't be directly lining fords pockets with my money.

I would think that Ford would have to Determin FIRST what caused 4 quarts of oil to end up in the intake before they can say warranty denied. Just remember to keep your cool and think about your answers to any questions asked by Ford. I feel that you will prevail in the long run.

Sounds like the perfect time to make the first Mustang SVO with either the ecoboost 4 or ecoboost 6. Sounds like complete crap on the warranty reps side. See if you can contact Deysha from TMS, she seems to help anyone and everyone to get the dealers to work with you.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Brandon302 said:
Sounds like the perfect time to make the first Mustang SVO with either the ecoboost 4 or ecoboost 6. Sounds like complete crap on the warranty reps side. See if you can contact Deysha from TMS, she seems to help anyone and everyone to get the dealers to work with you.
VERY tempting! I just looked and I can get a takeout F150 3.5TT with puter and all piping for $4500. would be very cool! my friend just got one and there are quite a few upgrades available for an easy 500hp/tq. wonder if it would even fit? I don't know how much the 3.5TT shares with the 3.7 used in the mustang? I would think its probably not that easy or someone would be doing it already.

I think people aren't doing it because it's a v6 and because there is probably a bit of fab to do also. Serious power and probably less weight would be awesome. That and the torque they produce.

TMO Supporting Vendors