The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Was over at couple of other forums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was just cruising through a couple of other forums and the boss came up as they could not believe a boss would pull on a CTSV to 100 mph and over at some M3 forum a member says he has never had a pos boss pass him on a road course. Now granted we are not comparing apples to oranges here but at least the guys at the CTS forum gave respect where it was do. At the M3 forum it was a completely different story they think their poo does not not stink. I had a BMW 335I and it spent more time in the shop than any other car I have owned but was still a fun car to drive. I like this forum because the people give respect when it is do. The guys over at CTSV deserve a high five also. Today here in Edmonton it was a motorcycle ride for Santa's Anonymous and 3000 motor bikes showed up, It did not matter what you rode but everyone was welcome. How come it is not like that with cars? I go to meets where all muscle cars show up but get shunned because my Boss is to new or go to another meet and get shunned because it is not an import, or it is not a dodge or gm. I always thought no matter what you drove it was for the love of driving it does not matter what you drive. Every car has its ups and downs, why cant cars put something together the way bikers can?
PS they also have a Ride for Sight that is just as big if not bigger.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Things are better at the track, where you find a gathering of true driving enthusiasts. We all have our own loyalties, but at least most of the people at the track can appreciate and respect performance in any form.

ArizonaGT said:
Things are better at the track, where you find a gathering of true driving enthusiasts. We all have our own loyalties, but at least most of the people at the track can appreciate and respect performance in any form.
This has been my experience as well and in my limited track time I've had many M3 owners stop by and ask questions. As a novice I've passed many M3's on track. I'm thrilled that a M3 owner would be threatened enough by the Boss that they make childish remarks like Boss owners think our stripes are worth more HP. :D I'm a car guy first and Ford guy second and enjoy driving with all makes at the track. Especially Porsche 997 GTS's and Audi R8 V8's. ;)

ArizonaGT said:

Well said!

Our stripes are worth 24 hp. Proven fact. Since our cars are just GTs with a stripe kit, that is the only explanation.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel