The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Washing and Waxing the Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boss2511 said:
killerwill13 said:
I just bought a metro air blaster to dry my Boss off with and right now I run into the problem of searching for the best microfiber to use for polishing and waxing and such. I see some people mentiong griots garage and adams. Any good insight on some that work well.
both are great single soft Adams great white drying towel some glass towels and your set discount code bliss for 15% off

Is there one specific(brand and model wise) towel you think is better for removing wax? I usually use a plush off brand microfiber currently but I feel I could be doing better....

I use Adams single microfiber towels for my detail spray and removing wax. I have used others but Adams seem to hold better after washes. Some people like their double microfiber towel and I have one but just have not used it. To me the double towel is too thick. I only have it because it was free with an order I placed. Just don't go cheap with microfiber towels as they can leave streaks and scratch the car. Then you will spend more money trying to get the swirls and scratches off the paint.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
killerwill13 said:
boss2511 said:
killerwill13 said:
I just bought a metro air blaster to dry my Boss off with and right now I run into the problem of searching for the best microfiber to use for polishing and waxing and such. I see some people mentiong griots garage and adams. Any good insight on some that work well.
both are great single soft Adams great white drying towel some glass towels and your set discount code bliss for 15% off

Is there one specific(brand and model wise) towel you think is better for removing wax? I usually use a plush off brand microfiber currently but I feel I could be doing better....
I just bought a pack of these this past weekend and they work great for wax removal. http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/three+micro+fiber+wax+removal+cloths.do?sortby=ourPicks

well I finally got around to posting my first post wash and wax pictures. It has wolfgang fuzion on it. Since the wash with these pictures I have washed again and applied wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant followed with the Fuzion wax, which does give it a bit deeper shine. Sorry if the glare is bad.
DSCN3532.jpgDSCN3533.jpgDSCN3535.jpgDSCN3536.jpgDSCN3538.jpgDSCN3542.jpg

In this picture I just washed the stripes and waxed the rest of it. Since then I have put a sealant and wax over the stripes. I don't have pictures of that done fresh, but next time I will.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
I'm using this on all the black textured trim on the outside and under the hood. Make the trim look really nice especially the front splitter and rear air diffuser. It goes on clear.

e9c37b57.jpg

Brian

batman48195

I used the Klasse All in One and the Klasse Sealant Glaze. I did the stripes and they came out great. The recommendation is to use very little product. It is hard to do that as you want to put enough on so you can see it, but that is too much. I think JeffIsHere was the one who did it before me and it worked great for him.

Brian

Talked to a buddy of mine who has been in the paint/autobody business for years. He strongly recommends not using any the of sealant on the decals, especially if its garaged. He told me a light synthetic wax would be fine..allows them to breathe,expand and contract naturally. He suggested that sealant could lead to bubbling. He also stated not to seal the new paint until its a few months old so it can breathe a bit. He said sealant is really only necessary if the car is subjected to the elements

batman48195

killerwill13 said:
Did you tape it off or use full polish?

I used the full polish. I did get a little streaking on the hood stripes, but a couple washes later and using detailing spray, they all disappeared.

I did NOT Clay bar the stripes.

Brian

batman48195 said:
killerwill13 said:

I used the full polish. I did get a little streaking on the hood stripes, but a couple washes later and using detailing spray, they all disappeared.

Brian
Could you do me a favor and post a link to the polish your using. In my car detailing inventory right now i got a meguiers and a wolfgang polish but I fear both are to powerful and will damage the stripe.

batman48195 said:
killerwill13 said:

Brian

Why the fear of claying the stripes?

batman48195

This is the kit I used. http://www.autogeek.net/klassekit.html

I didn't want to "clay" the stripes because they seem textured and I didn't want to have a problem with changing the reflectiveness of them. On the 2012, they are smooth/glossy.

Brian

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Tip for you guys that have waxed or applied Zaino to your wheels. Do not use any type of wheel cleaner to clean the wheels. This will remove all that hard work. Use your normal car wash soap that you use on the rest of your car. I have a seperate bucket just for doing the wheels. You can if you want some sort of foaming action presoak take an adam's bottle fill it 3/4 water 1/4 car shampoo and use one of there foaming sprayer heads.

TMO Supporting Vendors