The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

water marks on stripes on sby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guys bad news, ive always been careful to dry the stripes before putting it away but on thursday after a track session i forgot about it and today i find, Water marks, yeah i cant believe it

they look like tiny puddles but obviously are dry now, any idea how to get rid of them?

ian

Did you have any sealant or wax on the stripes prior to this? If not, I was reading on one of the forums iirc that someone used Adam's VRT on the stripes for something similar and had good results. I'm not sure if you have access to Adams Polish products in the UK, but I'm sure they will ship anywhere for the right price. Then again....it may not work on your particular problem. If you get it corrected, I would consider applying a sealant or at least something like turtlewax Ice to the stripes.

thanks for the info, i had wax on them but i guess it has washed off, i forgot to apply new doh

looks like i can get adams polish from Belgium

sweet

i was washing my boss today after a rainstorm and found water marks on my car too. i used adams swirl and haze removerby hand, then applied adams revive hand polish over the swirl and haze. then applied adams buttery wax to protect.
water marks have been removed.

also, i wouldnt recommend using adams VRT (vinyl, rubber, and tire). you would want to use that product on the front splitter, tires, and window molding.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
You can use a porter cable or flex and use meguiars 205 to polish them out doesn't harm them. Contact forceofwill as he has done this on his 13 I have done it on my 12 with great success

Correct, they are vinyl. However, if you have used VRT you would know its somewhat greasy and not the best alternative for this particular situation. Adams swirl and haze + revive is clearly the better alternative.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Mcode said:
Correct, they are vinyl. However, if you have used VRT you would know its somewhat greasy and not the best alternative for this particular situation. Adams swirl and haze + revive is clearly the better alternative.
you are correct if you don't buff off the residue. There are many other products out there that work better on the stripes though. I wouldn't use the VRT on them

I've used the VRT on my stripes with no issues....I was just relaying to the OP what i had read on another forum with regard to water spots. I have no personal experience as to if it works or not and im sure there are several good solutions to deal with the problem...but I agree having them sealed would be the best option.

Ditto. I noticed water spots several months ago. Pretty annoying. Was trying to figure out what to do.... when the water spots disappeared on their own.

I use Klasse AIO.

TMO Supporting Vendors