The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Waterless Car Wash Review

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
As some of you may know I am crazy about keeping my car looking like it was just detailed. Well my 150 dollar water bill inspired me to try some waterless car wash to cut down on the number of full washes it would need.

On Sunday I washed the car with dawn then clay barred it then I taped the car up and proceeded to remove the swirl marks with Adams haze and swirl remover then fine polish using the flex polisher. I taped off everything I didnt want to get polish on. Here is a pic
383284_471161859583057_611813354_n.jpg

Then I applied All in one then two zfx enhanced coats of Z5
Looks amazing now. Anyway I digress

The waterless wash I just got done trying is Detailers Pro Series waterless wash. Its a concentrated mix that you mix with water in a spray bottle. came as a kit from autogeek.net. I used it with adams waffle weave waterless wash towels and adams single soft towel to buff it to a shine. here is a pic of the bottle of waterless wash.
281922_471162006249709_1885767330_n.jpg

the car was covered in a very light coat of dust from the shipyard its been sitting there for two days as I have had duty.
here are the after results. sorry for the garage pics but its raining outside.
304497_471162109583032_1939447981_n.jpg

399003_471162302916346_1212121291_n.jpg

546420_471162359583007_936273514_n.jpg



I really like it took only 35 mins to clean the entire car and I can skip the detail spray as it has gloss enhancers already in it. The bad is the spray bottle it came with sucks. the sprayer leaks and it gets everywhere. I have plenty of other sprayers that I will swap out with that one. so I give the kit an 8/10.

If you are tired of getting out that bucket and hose when really all it needs is a light washing this is the stuff for you.
http://www.autogeek.net/dp-waterless-wash-combo.html
I used less than 4 oz (mixed 4 oz)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2i0YPz_DBE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
 

Sesshomurai

That's utterly amazing! Museum quality. But what is the itty bitty yellow thing behind the boss? Is that a toy car?
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
darreng505 said:
That's utterly amazing! Museum quality. But what is the itty bitty yellow thing behind the boss? Is that a toy car?
Thats a FIAT 500 the GF's new car. She traded in the 06 GT she had for it. Needed something cheap that got good gas mileage. I like the little thing thinking about getting one myself for a DD but the 500T turbo model coming out next year.
 
Will it fit in the bed of a truck? I want a kei car I can put in the bed of the truck when I tow the Boss to the track.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
CaliMR said:
Will it fit in the bed of a truck? I want a kei car I can put in the bed of the truck when I tow the Boss to the track.
lol no but this will
http://minichopperssocal.com/COOLER-1.html
IMG_0046.jpg
 

Sesshomurai

Justin said:
darreng505 said:
That's utterly amazing! Museum quality. But what is the itty bitty yellow thing behind the boss? Is that a toy car?
Thats a FIAT 500 the GF's new car. She traded in the 06 GT she had for it. Needed something cheap that got good gas mileage. I like the little thing thinking about getting one myself for a DD but the 500T turbo model coming out next year.

I admit the Abarth version is kinda cool, but I almost tripped over one walking to see the '13 bosses at the Washington Car show last January....
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
darreng505 said:
Justin said:
darreng505 said:
That's utterly amazing! Museum quality. But what is the itty bitty yellow thing behind the boss? Is that a toy car?
Thats a FIAT 500 the GF's new car. She traded in the 06 GT she had for it. Needed something cheap that got good gas mileage. I like the little thing thinking about getting one myself for a DD but the 500T turbo model coming out next year.

I admit the Abarth version is kinda cool, but I almost tripped over one walking to see the '13 bosses at the Washington Car show last January....
the 500T is a cheaper version of the abarth with single exhaust.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyUc5CWwp4o[/youtube]


any questions about the actually reason for the post? lol
 

Sesshomurai

Justin said:
any questions about the actually reason for the post? lol

Haha. No. I'm in aww of how that white paint looks even in a picture. To quote a guy from a movie you should be familiar with, I'll say ..." they look like mirra's. Like frickin mirra's I tell ya"....bonus credit if you can name the character and movie (waaay off topic I know)....
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
darreng505 said:
Justin said:
any questions about the actually reason for the post? lol

Haha. No. I'm in aww of how that white paint looks even in a picture. To quote a guy from a movie you should be familiar with, I'll say ..." they look like mirra's. Like frickin mirra's I tell ya"....bonus credit if you can name the character and movie (waaay off topic I know)....
lol no idea sounds very familiar though.
 

Sesshomurai

From Goodfella's when the one gangster is talking about Joe Pesci's ability to shine shoes....well...we all know what happened to that guy.

Anyway, your paint is immaculate. What do you charge to do that to my car?!?!
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
darreng505 said:
From Goodfella's when the one gangster is talking about Joe Pesci's ability to shine shoes....well...we all know what happened to that guy.

Anyway, your paint is immaculate. What do you charge to do that to my car?!?!
I would need 2 days and first hit would be a high quote of 200
 

Sesshomurai

Oh duh. I should have noticed in your sig. Well, next time I'm passing that way on my way back from a track event down south I'll schedule a shine.

I live in Northern VA.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top