The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watkins Glen re-pave in 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I am excited to get out to the Glen once they repave... The track was starting to need it when I was there in August. Hope they have a couple events in 2015 that fit the schedule

And regarding COTA - that venue looks incredible. I hope to be able to drive there at some poit. Too bad it's a bit of a haul to get there...

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I'll have to get there before the repave to see what I can run with the slicks... Can't wait for 2015 already :)

DMichaels said:
I'll have to get there before the repave to see what I can run with the slicks... Can't wait for 2015 already :)

Hopefully Phoenix CMR will get to run their June event. That's who I run with most of the time. Cheap and lots of track time. A great group to run with and lots of Mustangs. Fastest I ran with slicks is a 2.09.8 and I believe I can shave another second or two from that. The issue I see will be all those groups that will be vying for track time in the few months that will be available. Which groups will get selected to run?

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I'll keep an eye out for that group. I am hoping to shave several seconds from my times too. I think if I got 3 seconds off my limerock laps I might pull off 6 seconds from my WG laps.

Need 3.55's gears running the shorter tires. I am going to be at the top of 4th all over the place now

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
ArizonaBOSS said:
Kiss your lap records GOODBYE!!!!!!

Actually I think it will be faster once the asphalt cures well. Right now there's too many transitions between asphalt, tar patch and cement patch.

-Pete

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
PeteInCT said:
Actually I think it will be faster once the asphalt cures well. Right now there's too many transitions between asphalt, tar patch and cement patch.

-Pete

I think you're right Pete once the pavement "ages" a bit at least. I think back to Thompson in June about 2 weeks after they finished paving. It was fairly greasy... But like limerock, once repaved and broken in, it's faster.

That's why I really want to get to the Glen before the paving, see what the car can do with slicks to compare against my previous years, then clear the slate and start running it with new pavement! I am sort of stock piling tires (4 sets at the moment...) for next season. Damn car addiction.

Just got a letter from Phoenix CMR

Sounds like they will still be running their June event on the 22nd and 23rd

The September event, however, appears to be cancelled for 2015 (hopefully resumed in 2016)

VTBoss302 said:
Just got a letter from Phoenix CMR

Sounds like they will still be running their June event on the 22nd and 23rd

The September event, however, appears to be cancelled for 2015 (hopefully resumed in 2016)

George, are you going to try and make the June event?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel