The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watkins Glen with Phoeinx CMR - June 22 & 23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Registration has opened for Phoenix CMR's Watkins Glen event, held June 22nd and 23rd. Due to the re-pave at the Glen, Phoenix is only having one event this year. Phoenix CMR is a great group to run with and usually gets 10+ Boss 302's. Actually lots of Mustangs from all years show up. Heck, even Phoenix Racing has showed up with their Boss 302 race cars! You might even see a rare Camaro once in a while. They run 3 run groups with the top two getting 4 - 40 minute sessions each day and passing on all straights except between turn 10 and 11. The novice run group gets 25 minute sessions. You can unload the night before (21st) and get the car teched also. Cost is $455 if you sign up before May 8th. Also, if you sign up early you get a garage bay for free, on a first come-first serve basis. Here is a link to their page.

http://phoenixcmr.com/

Have two guys i know that will be there that can instruct me, thankfully. Im nervous because he's driven lower formula cars and raced world challenge, and as he says "anxious to see what my car has for the glen". buying pads and fluid very soon and maybe some K springs/Koni yellows.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Bloodykisses said:
Have two guys i know that will be there that can instruct me, thankfully. Im nervous because he's driven lower formula cars and raced world challenge, and as he says "anxious to see what my car has for the glen". buying pads and fluid very soon and maybe some K springs/Koni yellows.

I believe I read that this is you first track experience. If so, consider spending cash on safety items and Track Time!!
A good helmet, Brake cooling, dot 4 fluids and Track Time.

I went the buy mods course because it was easier for me to buy stuff while I was overseas and mod the car when I got home. Then i would make track days when I was home, the rain stayed away and the track was not closed for the winter. Yea...bummer.

Still some free advise. Spend time and cash on track time with a seasoned instructor. Once the driver is up to the level of the car, the Boss is kick ass, move on to changing the car. YMMV

TMO Supporting Vendors