The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watkins June 1 & 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
After seeing the recent Watkins Glen posts I couldn't resist finding an event that is running the full course... Signed up for track masters event on June 1 and 2. Others interested?

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Hermes said:
I'm signed up. I did an event with them last year and really liked it.

Great to hear, I have not driven with that particular group before. Sounds like a fun event though! What group are you signed up with?

I signed up as a student. Will try and move up to open track after the first day. This will be my first event this year so I won't mind driving at 7/10th the first day.

I was in the student group last year and we got 4 sessions which lasted 30-40 minutes. They also let us run with the open group at the end of the second day so actually got 5 sessions on the last day.

They keep you pretty busy between class room talks and driving.

If you're in the open track group, I've heard you can get a LOT of track time.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Nice! Looking forward to the event. Thinking I'll try to get my Conti's mounted for it...

I signed up in the instructor group, so assuming they are happy with my credentials, I'll be happy to hop in the car with you Rob for a few laps.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Cobrarob said:
Hey Derek, not hittin Watkins?

They put me into the instructed novice group (as a novice) and did not respond to my questions when I asked them what was going on. So I cancelled...

Going to Palmer on Thursday instead with SCDA!

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
DMichaels said:
They put me into the instructed novice group (as a novice) and did not respond to my questions when I asked them what was going on. So I cancelled...

Going to Palmer on Thursday instead with SCDA!
[/quote

Sorry to here that,Palmer sounds like fun too!
Saw your post on the rear rotors, im runnin them at Watkins hopefully their gonna feel good.
Have fun at Palmer, meet up again

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Hope the rear rotors work well for you too. Seemed to help on my car. Had zero fade.

Enjoy the Glen! I'm sure I'll catch up with you at the track again soon

Hows the Glen? Did the weather cooperate?

First of all I had a great time [as all track days should be] and met some great fellow Mustang drivers. I apologize to Rob that my laptimer skills are so poor that I failed to get any video of the event. I would have captured some great footage of Rob while I was still able to keep up with him putting down some great lines in less than ideal conditions.

We had a day and a half of light rain and pretty cold temps. Ran street tires 1st day and first 2 sessions yesterday. It was a great experience for me since I haven't driven in the rain very much, started feeling real comfortable by the second day realizing I could lean on the car in certain places, but not so much in others. Last 2 sessions yesterday were dry which again was a great experience for me in learning ow to adjust from a wet line to a dry line.

Overall a great experience, in some pretty crappy weather.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Hermes said:
First of all I had a great time [as all track days should be] and met some great fellow Mustang drivers. I apologize to Rob that my laptimer skills are so poor that I failed to get any video of the event. I would have captured some great footage of Rob while I was still able to keep up with him putting down some great lines in less than ideal conditions.

We had a day and a half of light rain and pretty cold temps. Ran street tires 1st day and first 2 sessions yesterday. It was a great experience for me since I haven't driven in the rain very much, started feeling real comfortable by the second day realizing I could lean on the car in certain places, but not so much in others. Last 2 sessions yesterday were dry which again was a great experience for me in learning ow to adjust from a wet line to a dry line.

Overall a great experience, in some pretty crappy weather.

Thank you Hermes for the very nice words! As I it was a pleasure meeting you also, you are a very cool dude!! The weather was terrible as you can see in the pics... here are some pics of your car Hermes I'll post the vid tomoro of us on track. I decided to sit the first day out and went out the second day for the 4 sessions. Also tryin to keep up with you to get a good vid of you and your car.
Hopefully meet up again in the future.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa398/jettarobb/image.jpg2_6.jpg
image.jpg4_4.jpg
image.jpg5_2.jpg
image.jpg2_6.jpg

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Sorry to see the weather did not cooperate much. Some new like fun nonetheless. Learning the wet line can be fun I agree

You guys headed to the scda event in July to run the nascar version of the glen?

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Hey Derek, ya wasn't a good day for the cars,but as Hermes said..any track day is a good one!
Gonna check and see if I can make that event,we were also talkin about hittin LRP and Palmer
let you guys know about those too.
If I remember your trackin today,have a fun and safe day!
Rob

Couple laps from Watkins following Hermes

Rob, thanks for uplaoding the pictures and the video. Always cool to see car video from outside, wish I could return the favor. Maybe next time I'll get my laptime sorted out. Hope to run into you guys again soon.

Hermes

TMO Supporting Vendors