The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watson Racing 4-Point Roll Bar Group Buy #3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All right BMO track rats you asked for it and you got it. Watson Racing has offered up another group buy for their 4-point roll bar in either red or gray. The discount isn't as big as in the past and they are going to raise their regular price soon so don't wait on this. Here are the details:

Price: $785
Shipping: $125 Local pickup is free
Duration: now through February 13th 2015
Rear Seat Delete Kit: $395 and free shipping if you purchase a roll bar (it gets shipped in the same box)
Contact: Patrick Lee - [email protected] or 734-759-0555 x209
or
John Phillips
[email protected]

Bar info:

http://www.watsonracing.com/mustang-roll-bar/

RSD info:

http://shop.watsonracing.com/4-Point-Roll-Bar-Seat-Delete-Carpet-Kit-p/wr-4ptcarpet.htm

Previous group buy:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=8128.0

More info:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=5978.msg102670#msg102670

4pt-rollbar.jpg
DSC00732.jpg

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
I don't *think* there are any silver combinations of 302's out there, but I'll add that that the silver/light grey roll bar from Watson is a great piece and matches very well to the Iridium Silver cars. I just had mine installed a couple weeks ago and I'm pleased with the product. I'll be stuffing the harness back in the car for a couple track days this coming week and looking forward to having it in the car.

A tip of the hat to Rick for working out these group buys and letting us lowly GT500 folks take part. 8)

Wingrider said:
I don't *think* there are any silver combinations of 302's out there, but I'll add that that the silver/light grey roll bar from Watson is a great piece and matches very well to the Iridium Silver cars. I just had mine installed a couple weeks ago and I'm pleased with the product. I'll be stuffing the harness back in the car for a couple track days this coming week and looking forward to having it in the car.
The red bar matches the 2012 LS and the silver bar matches the 2013 LS. For those that want another color what I found out when I had mine PC white was that it's easy to PC over PC. No real prep work is needed and that keeps the cost down.

Wingrider said:
A tip of the hat to Rick for working out these group buys and letting us lowly GT500 folks take part. 8)
You're welcome. Remember:

BMO Where All Mustangs Are BOSS!

Will the Cooltech harness work with the Watson bar or do you need to buy the Shroths from Trackday solutions?

NFSBOSS said:
The red bar matches the 2012 LS and the silver bar matches the 2013 LS. For those that want another color what I found out when I had mine PC white was that it's easy to PC over PC. No real prep work is needed and that keeps the cost down.
You're welcome. Remember:

BMO Where All Mustangs Are BOSS!
Did they change the grey color recently? I was told it would not match the grey of my 2013 LS.....

Still going to get one; I think Patrick can get it painted to match.

BigTaco said:
Did they change the grey color recently? I was told it would not match the grey of my 2013 LS.....

Still going to get one; I think Patrick can get it painted to match.
Not sure about color changes but matching the LS stripes was the original intent.

The Cooltech harnesses will work fine but the Schroth are way nicer and similar to the Racetech pictured.

Is there anyone here that has a 2013 LS or a 2013 with the grey seat delete installed that also has this Watson bar installed? I'm looking for pictures that show the differences between the grey of the factory brace vs the grey Watson color. I have seen the pictures on the Watson site; I'm looking for alternative pictures....

Thanks,
BT

BigTaco said:
Is there anyone here that has a 2013 LS or a 2013 with the grey seat delete installed that also has this Watson bar installed? I'm looking for pictures that show the differences between the grey of the factory brace vs the grey Watson color. I have seen the pictures on the Watson site; I'm looking for alternative pictures....

Thanks,
BT

@Viper1mx

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
johna said:
Will the Cooltech harness work with the Watson bar or do you need to buy the Shroths from Trackday solutions?

Any harness should work... I have an OMP 6-pt and a Racequip 6-pt, both went in with no issues

I love the bar so far - very solid, fairly easy install, and it looks great

TMO Supporting Vendors