The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watson Racing Bolt-In Roll Bar Install Complete!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Tucson302 said:
Hopefully your install goes better than mine and it's not 100+ degrees like it was in Phoenix that weekend!

Denver... so nowhere near as hot as that. I do have an 8yr old that will be 'assisting'... so I got that going for me :p

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
So a couple of things from my install this past Sunday:

1. All of the posts above were correct about the nut-plates not lining up 100%. Not a big deal, but could be if you didn't know this ahead of time.

2. I actually aligned everything on the floor. I not only marked the 8 bolt holes on the chassis supports, but also outlined the bracket so that I could verify alignment while everything was out of the car. Made it super easy to install once it was all back in the car.

3. Harbor Freight pop-rivet gun made it for 7 of the 8 rivets.... rivet #8 is not so important :)

4. The 'Precision Fit' of the rear down-bars kicked my @ss for at least 30 minutes before I took out the grinder and removed the powder coating from the fittings. Everything went together like butta after that

Good fit and (overall) a fairly easy installation. Started at 8:30 in the AM and was done by 1pm. Only lost a little bit of blood, a little more skin and have a knot on the back of my head from climbing in and out of the back seat 50^2 times.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
JScheier said:
So a couple of things from my install this past Sunday:

1. All of the posts above were correct about the nut-plates not lining up 100%. Not a big deal, but could be if you didn't know this ahead of time.

2. I actually aligned everything on the floor. I not only marked the 8 bolt holes on the chassis supports, but also outlined the bracket so that I could verify alignment while everything was out of the car. Made it super easy to install once it was all back in the car.

3. Harbor Freight pop-rivet gun made it for 7 of the 8 rivets.... rivet #8 is not so important :)

Sorry I couldn't help John, We got to Denver International at 9:30am yesterday and were on the plane at 11. Maybe next time!
Steve

4. The 'Precision Fit' of the rear down-bars kicked my @ss for at least 30 minutes before I took out the grinder and removed the powder coating from the fittings. Everything went together like butta after that

Good fit and (overall) a fairly easy installation. Started at 8:30 in the AM and was done by 1pm. Only lost a little bit of blood, a little more skin and have a knot on the back of my head from climbing in and out of the back seat 50^2 times.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
steveespo said:
Sorry I couldn't help John, We got to Denver International at 9:30am yesterday and were on the plane at 11. Maybe next time!
Steve

Not a problem! There really wouldn't have been any room in the car to assist anyway. Hope you got to enjoy Colorado some!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel