The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watson Racing Bolt-In Roll Bar Install Complete!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
Here are a bunch of photos from my install adventure. If anyone has any specific questions, ask away.

img_4190.jpg

img_4191.jpg

img_4194.jpg

img_4195.jpg

img_4197.jpg

img_4201.jpg

img_4204.jpg

img_4206.jpg

img_4207.jpg

Michael,

Terrific photos, and it looks like a painless install...or maybe not. LOL.

I am on the fence here. A totally trick, and fantastic safety mod, but man, losing the back seats are a stretch. Still take the better half and boys out for cruises once in a while.

We will see. But after seeing your photos, and reading the initial thread, this may just make a fantastic winter project.

If I am correct the group buy deal ends the September 30th. Is this correct?

Thanks again for the time you have taken Michael, it is appreciated.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
mardis said:
Michael,

Terrific photos, and it looks like a painless install...or maybe not. LOL.

I am on the fence here. A totally trick, and fantastic safety mod, but man, losing the back seats are a stretch. Still take the better half and boys out for cruises once in a while.

We will see. But after seeing your photos, and reading the initial thread, this may just make a fantastic winter project.

If I am correct the group buy deal ends the September 30th. Is this correct?

Thanks again for the time you have taken Michael, it is appreciated.
Thanks for the compliments and yes, ends on the 30th. I have some tweaking to do Saturday to the RSD delete, stay tuned for updated photos.

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
NFSBOSS said:
Looking good. Has anyone determined if the X brace works with this roll bar?

Breathing life into an old thread, but ...

Yes, the X brace works with this roll bar. In fact, rather nicely! I'll have more on this later this weekend.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Dig-It said:
Yes, the X brace works with this roll bar. In fact, rather nicely! I'll have more on this later this weekend.

Going to try and get mine in next weekend, so pics would be great as well as any install tips you might have

RSD?

Also, is there some sort of rule as to when you have to have a roll bar in the car (like in NHRA/NMRA) or is mostly for peace of mind and safety in the event that that things go south?

Georgia
Well heck, I could have saved some money on the rear seat delete kit since I already have the Ford Racing kit... earlier reports said it wouldn't fit! Now I have to decide if I want to use the x-brace or not. LOL

I am finishing up my roll bar install tonight... the nut plates being slightly shorter distance between the nuts center to center vs. the holes in the roll bar upright (at the gusset) really messed me up on alignment. The second one went easier than the first once I figured that out. I almost remade the nut plates, but decided once installed, no one would know anyway.

TMO Supporting Vendors