The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watson Racing Rear Seat Delete Kit Group Buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick from Watson Racing has offered up BMO members another group buy, this time for their new rear seat delete kit. This kit is a but more expensive than your typical RSD kit but it's finished nicely and matches perfectly with their roll bar. I really like the custom fit and finish. It will be available in two colors, black or gray/heather. I think the gray/heather will more closely match the carpet and the charcoal panels in our cars. The photos are of the gray/heather. The kit retails for $429 plus $20 shipping but the group buy price is for $395 shipped.

Edit: Patrick sent me photos of the kit in a new Cobra Jet which has the same color carpet and plastic as our cars and it looks like the gray/heather will be a closer match and it also looks very similar to the Ford RSD kit I have. Hopefully we'll have some photos of both colors early next week so you may want to wait a few days before ordering.

More info from Patrick:

"It's a 3-piece design, using a couple of push pins in factory holes
along with heavy duty Velcro. It has hard boards sewn into
the panels, with vinyl on the backside. The lower two halves have a
support attached to the under-side, and can be raised for shallow
storage. The boards are strong enough to support light objects-
helmets, jackets, groceries, etc. Install time is roughly ten minutes,
and is easy to remove. Hand-stitched here in the metro Detroit area!"

To order:
Price - $395 Including Shipping
Color - Black or Gray/Heather
Contact Patrick at - [email protected] or 734.759.0555 x-209

wrseatdeleteDSC01510_zps7d363dbe.jpg
wrseatdeleteDSC01508_zpsa93484e7.jpg
wrseatdeleteDSC01522_zpsc5f99023.jpg

I installed this seat delete kit and worked with Patrick (from Watson) to add a few extra pieces of material. It was very easy to install and the quality is worth the price in my opinion. You'll need to take measurments to cut the downtube holes by using the provided template. I added a few velcro strips along the car's back panel for added support. Charcoal color is the correct choice for Boss owners. If you buy the Watson rollbar you'll really want to add this kit!

wny354 said:
I installed this seat delete kit and worked with Patrick (from Watson) to add a few extra pieces of material. It was very easy to install and the quality is worth the price in my opinion. You'll need to take measurments to cut the downtube holes by using the provided template. I added a few velcro strips along the car's back panel for added support. Charcoal color is the correct choice for Boss owners. If you buy the Watson rollbar you'll really want to add this kit!
Thanks. What extra pieces of material did you add and why?

I believe Watson will now send these kits out with extra material along the sides. This material can be trimmed and fills in any gaps that can result from variations in our interior side panels. During installation of the rollbar, you're instructed to cut the inside panel foam, which depending on how much you cut off, could leave gaps. Also, pay close attention to where you cut the holes for the downtubes. I made a cardboard sample and fortunately got the final rear panel carpet holes perfect.

I received my RSD kit along with the roll bar last week. When I ordered the kit, Patrick stated that they had some fitment issues with some of the first one's made and that some changes had been made. My RSD kit seems to be the newer version with the extra material added. The upper part fits perfect but the lower 2 pieces seem to be a bit off, by a few inches in places. They don't follow the contour on the sides very well, especially the passenger side, which is too wide at the front edge. I suppose the sewn in board could be trimmed to make it fit better but that would require either to re-sew or glue it. It does look nice, but for the expense I think the fit should be better. I can't believe there is that much interior variation for the fit to be that off. The roll bar is a really nice and going forward is a deal at even the non-discounted price.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nice looking rear seat delete kit, but also piqued my interest in the roll bar as it appears to be one that attaches to existing bolts , etc., and would not require drilling any holes. Let me know if that is the case and if so where it could be ordered from?

Bill Pemberton said:
Nice looking rear seat delete kit, but also piqued my interest in the roll bar as it appears to be one that attaches to existing bolts , etc., and would not require drilling any holes. Let me know if that is the case and if so where it could be ordered from?
You still have to drill holes but that would be a neat trick if you didn't. Here's the info on the bar.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=5978.msg92948#msg92948

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks , I thought there was a bar of some sort that attached to existing bolts and was a bit skeptical this was the one. I am likely looking for the manufacturer of one that is more of a harness belt bar only, and not quite as substantial as this one - though it looks well made and a good buy for anyone looking for a clean bar for the Boss.

NFSBOSS said:
Patrick from Watson Racing has offered up BMO members another group buy, this time for their new rear seat delete kit. This kit is a but more expensive than your typical RSD kit but it's finished nicely and matches perfectly with their roll bar. I really like the custom fit and finish. It will be available in two colors, black or gray/heather. I think the gray/heather will more closely match the carpet and the charcoal panels in our cars. The photos are of the gray/heather. The kit retails for $429 plus $20 shipping but the group buy price is for $395 shipped.

Edit: Patrick sent me photos of the kit in a new Cobra Jet which has the same color carpet and plastic as our cars and it looks like the gray/heather will be a closer match and it also looks very similar to the Ford RSD kit I have. Hopefully we'll have some photos of both colors early next week so you may want to wait a few days before ordering.

More info from Patrick:

"It's a 3-piece design, using a couple of push pins in factory holes
along with heavy duty Velcro. It has hard boards sewn into
the panels, with vinyl on the backside. The lower two halves have a
support attached to the under-side, and can be raised for shallow
storage. The boards are strong enough to support light objects-
helmets, jackets, groceries, etc. Install time is roughly ten minutes,
and is easy to remove. Hand-stitched here in the metro Detroit area!"

To order:
Price - $395 Including Shipping
Color - Black or Gray/Heather
Contact Patrick at - [email protected] or 734.759.0555 x-209

wrseatdeleteDSC01510_zps7d363dbe.jpg
wrseatdeleteDSC01508_zpsa93484e7.jpg
wrseatdeleteDSC01522_zpsc5f99023.jpg

OFF TOPIC: Can't help but notice the 4amp wire going to the trunk. What is your radio setup?

TMO Supporting Vendors