The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watson Racing Roll Bar Group Buy #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watson Racing is now offering their roll bar in red. To promote their new color option they have offered up a discount to BMO members and the discount is available on both the red and silver/gray. The silver/gray is in stock and ready for immediate shipping. The red should be available for shipping around August 15th.

Here's the info on the roll bar group buy:

Bar price: $715 (Retail on red is $885)
Shipping: $125
Carpet kit: Free shipping with a roll bar purchase. They can ship it in the roll bar box.
Group buy ends: August 11th
Phone: 734.759.0555 x-209
email: [email protected]
Or
John Phillips
[email protected]

For the red 4-point bars- they will be taking customer credit card info, but they will not be charged until the bar actually ships.

Also for those that don't know the Ford Racing X brace does fit with the complete WR kit.

IMG_3793_zps7c9521a5.jpg

Bar info:

http://www.watsonracing.com/mustang-roll-bar/

RSD:

http://shop.watsonracing.com/4-Point-Roll-Bar-Seat-Delete-Carpet-Kit-p/wr-4ptcarpet.htm

Previous group buy info:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=5978.msg102670#msg102670

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Rick
Do you know if this bar is the same as what they use for the full cage. I'm going to do a cage next year but may want to use this as a base starting point to help keep fabrication costs down. Would then have the halo, door bars and front down tubes fabbed and tied in locally.
If it works I would be interested.
Steve

steveespo said:
Rick
Do you know if this bar is the same as what they use for the full cage. I'm going to do a cage next year but may want to use this as a base starting point to help keep fabrication costs down. Would then have the halo, door bars and front down tubes fabbed and tied in locally.
If it works I would be interested.
Steve

Steve,
I am also looking at a full cage, this winter, although my starting point is the Cooltech bolt in bar. The Watson full cage is the best I've seen so far:

http://shop.watsonracing.com/Mustang-Road-Race-Cage-p/wr-roadracecage.htm

Looks like the center hoop is similar to the Watson bolt in, but the rear braces go to the strut towers (common to the 302S). I plan on calling Patrick to discuss. Maybe a group buy on the full cage?

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Black Boss said:
Steve,
I am also looking at a full cage, this winter, although my starting point is the Cooltech bolt in bar. The Watson full cage is the best I've seen so far:

http://shop.watsonracing.com/Mustang-Road-Race-Cage-p/wr-roadracecage.htm

Looks like the center hoop is similar to the Watson bolt in, but the rear braces go to the strut towers (common to the 302S). I plan on calling Patrick to discuss. Maybe a group buy on the full cage?

I have the Cool Tech too, problem I see is where the Halo has to tie into the main hoop will interfere with my seat and my helmet even if I lowered my seat by removing the tracks (1 inch +/-). My let my fab guy just build the whole thing, I do like the Cool Tech main hoop attachment brackets I think they are better than the Watson, although the rest of the Watson setup is Superior and would be a good basis for a NASA/SCCA legal cage.
Steve

Rick,

I'd be in for one. Still interested in using the rear seat between track events and was wondering if anyone has any experience with how easily the bolt in bolt out works.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Hermes said:
Rick,

I'd be in for one. Still interested in using the rear seat between track events and was wondering if anyone has any experience with how easily the bolt in bolt out works.

I just picked one up from Chicane23 a month or so ago. I have not tried to remove it (nor do I plan on it)... but I would imagine that the front hoop install / remove is probably pretty easy. The rear legs were a PITA for me to install and line up. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm guessing an hour of time to remove / install as you'll have to pull at least one seat out of the car and then crawl back in there to install the rear legs (which are very precision fit at the hoop to leg joint).

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Hermes said:
Rick,

I can tell you the bolt-in sucks! And for that reason it won't be coming out!

Georgia
I would have to modify my rear panels a bit more (enlarge the cut outs) to get the main bar out. Thankfully I didn't carry any passengers in the back seat before, so there is no reason for me to go through that headache of trying to remove mine now. :eek:

Every time you take it in and out you risk damaging something. If I buy one I will just leave it in since I would definitely whack something. Last time I gave someone a ride in the back they pretended they were going to throw up and could not get out fast enough.

Confirming the silver/gray is in stock and ready for immediate shipping. The red should be available for shipping around August 15th. This will probably be the last time this is offered so don't wait.

Here's the info on the roll bar group buy:

Bar price: $715 (Retail on red is $885)
Shipping: $125
Carpet kit: Free shipping with a roll bar purchase. They can ship it in the roll bar box.
Group buy ends: August 11th
Phone: 734.759.0555 x-209
email: [email protected]
Or
John Phillips
[email protected]

Just ordered red bar yesterday. Spoke to Patrick for a little bit seems like a nice guy. Picking up in Detroit 19 AUG. Saw all the posts on the previous thread. Some very good info on installation. I'll check back in after I get mine in since I plan to remove this bar between track events. We'll see how that goes.

Hermes said:
Just ordered red bar yesterday. Spoke to Patrick for a little bit seems like a nice guy. Picking up in Detroit 19 AUG. Saw all the posts on the previous thread. Some very good info on installation. I'll check back in after I get mine in since I plan to remove this bar between track events. We'll see how that goes.
Please post pictures of install. I have a YB and was also thinking of going red.
Thanks!

Please post pictures of install. I have a YB and was also thinking of going red.
Thanks!

I'll definitely take some pictures, but please note that I won't be picking my bar up until after the group buy ends. Probably won't have a chance to put it in until Labor Day weekend. I'll really be glad to get some proper harnesses to hold me into the seat.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
TGR96 said:
I have only been on this forum for two days and I am already finding new ways to spend my money! So much want, so little spare coin.

I can't begin to tell you how much this site has cost me...but its been worth every penny!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel