The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watson Racing Roll Bar Group Buy #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Safety is definitely a priority, I am just trying to spread out the spending (and hence why Koni yellows are not on the car yet). Roll bar is definitely the start but if I was to buy harnesses and a Hans it's a bit too much right now. And adding seats to that to use a 6 point is unrealistic for the next year or two unless I can convince myself the stock seats will be collectible and even out the cost if kept pristine. I am not sure my club would pass me on tech if the sub belts were routed between the cushions. And I wouldn't want to lose a track day for it. Looking at the ASM ifs promising over the 3 point for the street also. There is a bigger chance some Masshole will hit me on the street with how much of that I do versus tracking, unfortunately. I really should have bought a miata and been blissfully ignorant of the awesomeness of a Boss lol.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Routing sub belts through the cushions is SCCA approved and for HDPE/TT I think most clubs would not even check, use 06Mach1's sub belt mount for the best result. You can add Cool Tech clips at the seat bolts for the lap belt and still keep the factory 3 point setup if you run into a surly tech inspector. You can have it all with the factory Recaros. I still have my 3 point belts in the car with Sparco race seat for when I drive around town occasionally.
Steve

Interesting. Did not know that is SCCA approved, so that helps a lot. BUT, the seat being a high wear item, would it be worth taking them out for some Sparco sports and wrapping them up for some profit 10 years from now? For what they go for already it would pay for the $600 Sparcos if they held their current value plus inflation. Seats always seem to get trashed no matter what and the high bolstering on the sides always catches my leg. Won't be long before they look like crap...

I installed the Watson roll bar this weekend. I ended up doing a couple of things differently, but when I was finished with the install, I was able to remove and re-install the bar in less than a half hour [with seat and trim out] so it is definitely something that could be done before and after a track day. I took some pictures as I went along so I wrote up my experience in the How To section.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=8371.0

100_1172.jpg

I'm really happy with how this install went and I'm real happy with the quality of this roll bar. Now to save up for some Schroth 6 point belts from Pete.

Mine arrived and they left it tall side up on my front steps and the wind blew it over.... gouges in the paint down to metal and bent my mailbox... Since when is delivering a box box rocket science?! Will touch up paint work?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
WinterSucks said:
Mine arrived and they left it tall side up on my front steps and the wind blew it over.... gouges in the paint down to metal and bent my mailbox... Since when is delivering a box box rocket science?! Will touch up paint work?

Check your paperwork for claim process.

Delivery company has responsibilities.

Have them fix their error.

I'm bumming ... I'm new to the board. I just got my 2012 Boss 302. But I would loved to get in on this group buy. How offen do they do this? Once a year?

GMAN211 said:
I'm bumming ... I'm new to the board. I just got my 2012 Boss 302. But I would loved to get in on this group buy. How offen do they do this? Once a year?

see post #14 in this thread.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=8128.0;topicseen

Installed my Watson bar and was wondering what harness are you guys using with the watson bar. also best place to purchase them.
Have not had the car on the track yet but getting all safety mods in place for when that day comes. Always done straight line racing but the track is looking like it may be more fun. Eighter way having a roll bar and harness cant hurt to have for the what if.
Thanks

I'm using Schroth Profi II from Track Day Solutions and the sub belt mount from Mike. Check the for sale forum for the sub belt mount. I'm also using Cooltech clips for the lap belts. The Schroth belts are top quality.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Any other interest in the Watson roll bar? I am hoping they do something for Black Friday too... but if not, I'm about ready to buy if I can get it at the group rate.

Well, one step closer. got the sub belt mounts from Mike. Excellent product!! Next buy will have to be the lap belt clips. Then we will finish it out with the belts from Track Day Solutions...Hopefully

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel