The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watson Racing Roll Bar Group Buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Very cool! Great stuff for anyone not needing a full cage.

tacovini said:
I'm in for a group buy. I can't see where the LS bars would interfere, but will have to check.

Todd

Welcome to the site Todd!

NFSBOSS said:
Update: no update. :p WR called me late this afternoon but I was in a meeting and didn't get a chance to call back until late. My schedule is open tomorrow morning so I'll call them and post up the details.

BTW the instructions look excellent, thanks for posting them.

Thanks for your efforts in coordinating this!

Re: Watson Racing Roll Bar Group Buy Details

I just got off the phone with Patrick and they have a fantastic offer for BMO members.

Price: $675 (sales tax if in MI)
Shipping: $125
Total delivered price: $800
Discount period ends at close of business on Friday September 13, 2013
How to order: Call or email Patrick Lee and include "BMO Group Buy" in the subject line. Patrick's contact info is [email protected] or 734-759-0555 x209.

Roll Bar Details: only one color of metallic gray is offered and it looks a bit lighter than Fords sterling gray. They haven't tested the LS X brace but they think it will interfere with the roll bar installation. I plan on using a RSD kit from rearseatdelete.com as I don't want to cut up my LS RSD kit. There are other options out there. WR is also working on a kit to close off the trunk from the interior of the car. The photos are of Patrick's 2005 GT.

There are only a few built and in stock so you may have to wait a week or so for your bar to be shipped. Regardless only orders placed by Sept 13 will qualify for the discount. I've already placed my order and told Patrick he can ship mine after the next batch are complete so those that are going to install theirs immediately can get one now.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ordered! Got one of the early build batch. ;)

Chatted with Patrick a bit and he seemed like a nice fella. Thanked him for what appears to be a great product and for the deal. He said they worked closely with Ford Racing and in fact, said that it was FR that said they needed a four-point! I wonder if we will see a rebranded version. I couldn't help but notice that WR has bumper bars that look a super-duper whole lot like the FR racing ones. ;)

And thanks for brokering the deal, Rick.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Watson builds(t) the 302S and R cars. Sorta the Kar Kraft of our generation so many parts they sell were deve;oped and installed on those cars. Guess with the end of production they see a market to support the S197 racers/club guys. Glad that they did.
Steve
Watsonlogo_zpsd1ffdf69.jpg

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
I have to thank tcovini for sending me the info on this bar one week ago.
It was that message that prompted my call to Watson on Wed followed by the post here.
Thanks Todd! Thanks Patrick! and Thanks Rick!

nice looking.

has anyone talked to the Watson folks about the height of the harness bar relative to the seats? ie. Is it designed to be used with the stock seat height (I presume it is) versus an aftermarket racing seat which will almost certainly sit lower.

Thanks to all who put this deal together. This looks like a great option. Hopefully the harness bar works with aftermarket seats that are mounted lower--I'll email Patrick and share whatever answers I find.

fuhrius said:
nice looking.

has anyone talked to the Watson folks about the height of the harness bar relative to the seats? ie. Is it designed to be used with the stock seat height (I presume it is) versus an aftermarket racing seat which will almost certainly sit lower.

Since it was designed to be removable for back seat use and racing seats preclude back seat use, my money is on them designing it for stock seats. You can see the relative bar height in the photo at the end of the instructions.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Harnesses attached slightly higher than shoulders are OK. Lower than shoulder attachment is when you risk spinal compression in an accident.

6. The shoulder harness should be mounted behind the driver and above a line drawn downward from the
shoulder point at an angle of no more than twenty (20) degrees with the horizontal.
From the NASA rulebook. Can be less than 20 degrees below shoulder height and above.
Steve

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I'm assuming the front seats have to come out to get the bar to fit into the car to begin with? That's not a difficult task but it takes a couple mins :)

TMO Supporting Vendors