The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watson Racing Roll Bar Group Buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcmmotorsports said:
Scuff plates gave me no issues. Sorry
Planned on pulling retractors since I am putting in a RSD but really see no need now. Just more stuff to remove, more chance of plastic to break and I am not looking to make my car the lightest thing out there.
Same here. Mine are still in with my RSD and will stay there when I install my roll bar. I have the lap belts wrapped and stuffed under the RSD panel.

IMG_2515_zps54696b26.jpg

When you can please post a photo of the bar installed with the RSD and side panels in place. I'm curious how the colors match up.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
wny354 said:
Did you cut trim panels yet? How accurate are the dimensions?
Gregg
I cut the passenger side using a roll of duct tape for my radius guide.
I have to clean it up some before I post pics but the dimensions were fairly close.
I had to stop working because I was exhausted and that is when I get impatient, sloppy and make mistakes.
I will clean up the cut in the AM and post a photo.

Thanks Mike .... I came close to trimming them today, but question direction #20 to go out 2 inches and use a 4 inch radius. Seems like my 2013 panel doesn't need that much taken off. Also, it looks extremely difficult to bend panel (in front) around the bar between B-pillar. Your photos should clear things up (I hope) ... Gregg

Nice Job! Are those rearseatdelete.com panels? Also, can you post a couple close up's by the trim panel / pillar area. How accurate were trim dimensions? Thanks ... What seat belt harness are you going with?

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
wny354 said:
Nice Job! Are those rearseatdelete.com panels? Also, can you post a couple close up's by the trim panel / pillar area. How accurate were trim dimensions? Thanks ... What seat belt harness are you going with?
Those are from Late Model Restoration Supply. Had to modify to fit.
Dimensions were a good starting point but needed to be messaged.

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1534.JPG

I have Racetech harnesses waiting patiently to go in.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Thanks, guys, for setting this up! Ordered one earlier this week, and had a chance to talk to Patrick about adding door bars as an option to the kit using the dovetail connectors.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
mcmmotorsports said:
AND? What did he say?

They would be able to do a one-off, but it wasn't considered yet for a kit. In a nutshell. I hate quoting *anything* out of context from a conversation. I'd be interested ordering it as a second kit with door bars since I have two S197s with plans to add a third.

Maybe if there were more expressed interest for door bars... I'd love to have a modular add-on kit or to be able to order one that way.

NFSBOSS said:
Should fit just like all the other Mustangs. It's pretty clear the X brace is not going to work with this roll bar.
That is what I meant.
I would not like to get rid of the LS brace.
I should go the CoolTech route I suppose.

Sorry to ressurect this thread. Also, hi everyone. First post here.

How are you guys with this bar installed bringing your tires to the track? Can you still fit a set of wheels in your car?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel