The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watts link recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is high on my list of updates for the Boss.
The Fays2 frame mounted watts link looks wonderful, and is priced right.
However, I don't want heim joints on a street car. Any similar designs out there which use bushings instead?

I am seeking a frame mounted solution, so whiteline is out of the picture.
Also not a fan of Steeda due to the way they are mounting the arms to the axle. One side is much closer to the ground than what is the norm. Any tips/suggestions from you veterans? :D

Oh just saw you want a frame mount. Not sure what's out there other than the Fays.

This is the one I have my eye on. It's extremely well made and you can get it with poly bushings or heim joints.

http://www.cortexracing.com/shop/xtreme-grip-watts-link-system-street-2005/

cwl-40-1000s.jpg

the cortex is probably the best but the shelby summer sale has this for not a bad deal.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/s7ma-5649.htm

Does anyone have any experience with the Shelby one? Is it effective? And noises, clunks, or other NVH issues? I have been eyeballing the Whiteline but maybe this one is too good to pass up.

I have a Shelby Fays2 on order. 8)

I should get it in sometime in the next month or so and I'll report back.

Found this thread about the Fays2/Shelby Watts link. Seems like a really nice product (read the whole thing - the issues he had were corrected with some tinkering and now he loves it).

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-shelby-gt500-413/872801-shelby-fays2-watts-link-installed.html

I have the Cortex watts link and LCAs. I should have them installed soon. I was going to install it myself, but they recommend welding the tower for the watts link onto the car which I cant do myself. The quality of the pieces is excellent but you pay for it. I just thought it was the smartest way to go as these guys are testing at Sonoma and Laguna Seca all the time, and offer a full suspension setup so you can buy everything separately as your budget allows. I hope to do coil-overs sometime in the future and will be going with Cortex for those as well.

I've seen arguments for frame mounted vs axle mounted setups, but the factor I'd prioritize for a Watts link purchase would be the ease of adjusting the roll center. Keep that in mind too if you're going to make the plunge, since that's a huge factor in determining how your car will behave (especially if you've lowered your car). A decent number of vendors offer poly bushings for street setups.

sadil said:
I have the Cortex watts link and LCAs. I should have them installed soon. I was going to install it myself, but they recommend welding the tower for the watts link onto the car which I cant do myself. The quality of the pieces is excellent but you pay for it. I just thought it was the smartest way to go as these guys are testing at Sonoma and Laguna Seca all the time, and offer a full suspension setup so you can buy everything separately as your budget allows. I hope to do coil-overs sometime in the future and will be going with Cortex for those as well.
Thats what I have done and has work very well.The adjustment of the cortex is easy at the track for testing.. I feel the Cortex and whiteline are great products for our cars and have lots of additions products for the future applications. I have just gone the coil over route and have three track days on them at The Glen. Wow.

neema said:
I've seen arguments for frame mounted vs axle mounted setups, but the factor I'd prioritize for a Watts link purchase would be the ease of adjusting the roll center. Keep that in mind too if you're going to make the plunge, since that's a huge factor in determining how your car will behave (especially if you've lowered your car). A decent number of vendors offer poly bushings for street setups.

Fully agreed. Infact one of the reasons for me wanting a frame mounted solution is because they look to have a greater range of rollcenter adjustment than diff mounted ones. However, not sure which solution allows for a *lower* roll center than the other.

TMO Supporting Vendors