The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watts Link vs. Panhard Bar Roll Center Relocation Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim woodruff said:
I run the Cortex Watts link with the Whiteline lca relocation brackets with no problems. I feel both Cortex and Whiteline Watts links have the same quality.
Good to know. Did you notice a big difference when you added the Watts? I really like the way I can hammer out of corners in my GT500 and the predictability of the rear end. I'm just not sure how much is due to the Watts and how much is due to the torque arm.

LS Boss

The "old" and the "new"
I cannot speak maybe as eloquently experienced as some previously discussed here. I currently have the "full" cortex system on my '12 302 LS. I tried the Eiback springs and sway bar set up initially, (will probably put them up for sale) but when a fella with the full watts link cortex system still passed me...I switched. Jokes asside, I had improvement in my lap times with the Eibach of 2-4 seconds over previously best times ...when I went to the full cortex system includes using their camber plates which actually reduced my negative camber by .5 degree (-3 to -2.5), my times were even better, overall I was another 1-3+ seconds better still. Some could be driver improvement, but generally it seems to reduce some of the back end body roll, with the Koni dampeners set at middle, it might be just a bit tight for some, but for my skill level it is good for now, a more experienced driver might want the car a little more loose. The car being a little lower CG helps car feels pretty well planted most of the time including challenges of off camber side-downhill like one experiences at Thunderhill turns 3 and 5A. I am making my comparison using the same tires (BFG R-1) throughout these modification cycles. I have not had any issue with the differential mounting point EXCEPT, Cortex did not allow for the diff venting in their kit design, so we vented mine off the axel housing with a tube and vent plug positioned above where the stock diff cover vent was located, no issues now, but look for that if you buy the cortex / watts link track or race system.

LS were you at TH last Sat with HOD?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel