The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watts Link

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I have the Whiteline on mine. The "propeller" failed on mine this year. This was the fifth season of autocross on it. A weld broke on one of the pivots that the links attach to, the other pivot also has the welds failing. The new part is no better. Going to rebuild the one that failed with a slight design change to get a better weld on it.
I would look at the Cortex, easy to add the torque arm if you want to try that.View attachment 80186

Whiteline has stopped selling theirs and I’m assuming this is why. I know I’m on borrowed time with mine - Cortex will be going on before too long.
I was placing an order to Cortex for lower trailing arms and decided to bite the bullet and order their watts to replace my Whiteline at same time. Any guesses how many more track days it was going to hold up?? Thank God we’ll never know….

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I was placing an order to Cortex for lower trailing arms and decided to bite the bullet and order their watts to replace my Whiteline at same time. Any guesses how many more track days it was going to hold up?? Thank God we’ll never know….

Exactly how mine failed, luckily the 295/40-18's tires kept the rear axle some what located, the fender liners got chewed up, tires and wheels not damaged. Sure got the corner workers attention, they were sure I was about to loose a wheel. With car parked no obvious cause, ramp truck hauled it home and up on the jacks and there it was, top link pulled off the prop.

TMO Supporting Vendors