The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watts link

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My drive in the Boss was in wet conditions .I must say when I got out of the car after driving it for about a half hour .My thoughts were one of ,I have been under estimating mustangs !! At the time I thought it was a Gt not a Boss 302.When I found out was when I realized I need to get one of these mustangs!! In the rain The Boss blew away the GT ! The traction control was superb.
Once I get my BossLS on the track I will do a nice writeup.

roketman said:
My drive in the Boss was in wet conditions .I must say when I got out of the car after driving it for about a half hour .My thoughts were one of ,I have been under estimating mustangs !! At the time I thought it was a Gt not a Boss 302.When I found out was when I realized I need to get one of these mustangs!! In the rain The Boss blew away the GT ! The traction control was superb.
Once I get my BossLS on the track I will do a nice writeup.
Thanks again. Did you get any word on whether or not the production delays are going to continue?

Mine, I made all of it. The diff cover is a little heavy because I made it from two pieces of aluminum instead of one. But the rest is very light for what it does. The brackets on the right is aluminum and the one on the left and the connecting bar are titanium. Weighs more than a panhard rod for sure but less than any of the Watts link kits sold.

Thanks. No CNC It is milled but all on a hand controlled numerical readout machine, your basic Bridgeport type machine. If I come across a single piece of aluminum big enough for the cover I may do that over but my cover is only 2 pounds heavier than the Techco cover and many of the billet reinforcement covers weight nearly as much and don't have the Watts link attached.

I borrowed the geometry from the Techco Watts link which seemed to me by far the most sophisticated and lightest unit on the market. Really too bad they went out of business. Not from lack of good products or engineering know how. From what I heard they were sued by the new Saleen owners and just couldn't afford the court battle.

Anyone using the cortex "track" watts link?

Cannot find any info or pics of the diff cover to see if it is drilled/tapped for a acessory fitting like a breather/overflow resivior.

The only difference between the street and race watts link, the street has Poly bushings on the chassis side mounts, the pivot still has rod ends. The race Watts has rod ends on both sides.

Yeah, im ordering the track kit, just wanted to know about the diff cover. I could have drilled/tapped it myself, but its nice to not have to do that.

TMO Supporting Vendors